..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Do I need a new build to play PCSX or will this suffice?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I'm considering making a new gaming PC for PCSX!

I was just wondering if my old gaming PC could run PCSX smoothly or not:

4GB Corsair DDR2 RAM
1TB Western Digital Cavier Green 7200RPM
Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition 3.0Ghz 8MB cache
1GB Sapphire HD 4870

If not, what would be the minimum requirements?
I think that should work ok in some games I have a 965 @3.8GHz and a 5850 graphic card and the games I have run smoothly but maybe someone with more experience can give their opinion since I'm limited to 3 games Laugh
Each game is different hence no actual minimum requirements that would guarantee anything. Most games should have no problem running on such hardware with slight upscalling even. At most you'll have to use some speedhacks or out of desperation OC your cpu. The problem is that many of those more popular(non-jrpg ~ as those are mostly lighter ones) games are actually very heavy and this system will not be enough for some of them even if you would OC it;p, soo yeah, your experience will purely depend on your game collection.
i want to really play KH1/2 and FFX
then you will be fine then.
thank you very much. out of curiosity, what type of games would my rig be unable to play?

also what upgrades could i make so that i could play some of the more demanding games? or would i need to build a new rig from scratch?
Since I was here last, high demand games include Zone of the Enders and Shadow of the Colossus.

Even my computer gets a bit of lag when using Zone of the Enders 2 at high settings.
thank you very much, if i did want to play shadow of the collosus; what would i upgrade? or would i have to rebuilt entirely?
for overclocking, is there an easy way to over clock which is safe?
Shadow of the Colossus needs the fastest CPU you can currently buy and even then it requires slight VU cycle stealing.
For overclocking, best google your CPU + overclock guide, and follow that.
Pages: 1 2