..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Tranfer Saved States, Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I just recently downloaded the latest SVN revisions and because i did i want to transfer my other folder with the saved state memory from the Pcsx2 1.0.0 into the new pcsx2 1.1.0 SVN update i just downloaded, so that i can still play from where i left off, i don't know how to or know where to begin, Help is appreciated.
Just check your old PCSX folder. Inside there will be folders named sstates and memcards. Just copy them to your new PCSX revision's folder and you should be able to continue
(03-13-2013, 01:11 AM)Zangetsu21 Wrote: [ -> ]Just check your old PCSX folder. Inside there will be folders named sstates and memcards. Just copy them to your new PCSX revision's folder and you should be able to continue

and it won't work.
savestates aren't cross-versions compatible
(03-13-2013, 01:21 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]and it won't work.
savestates aren't cross-versions compatible

Yeah i just figured that out read someone elses post that was kinda related to mine and they said the same thing, so basically what im gonna do is manually save all the games into the memory card and just transfer the memory cards, at least that's what they said was compatible with transferring . *EDIT* i just realized you were the one who said that lol.
(03-13-2013, 01:36 AM)nadeem8 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah i just figured that out read someone elses post that was kinda related to mine and they said the same thing, so basically what im gonna do is manually save all the games into the memory card and just transfer the memory cards, at least that's what they said was compatible with transferring . *EDIT* i just realized you were the one who said that lol.

Indeed, keep in mind that sstates aren't meant for long term save games, they are very useful in between save points in the game, just don't skip the opportunity for normal saves. The memcard is the only thing granted to be compatible always.

Besides one should reload from memcard at least once and again to "clean" possible memory corruptions.