..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Monster Hunter Xbox 360 controller "The Claw"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my first time posting, so I'd like to say hello to everyone Smile

This is an explanation of the claw I found on the wiki:
Clawing is a control method in the Monster Hunter series, most popular in the PSP. The Directional pad is used for camera directions, and the analog controls movement of the player. As the PSP has the Analog below the Directional Pad and the game often requires the player to use both, a players' Index finger controls the Directional Pad, while the thumb controls the Analog Stick, forming a shape similar to that of a crab's claw.

This is impossible with an Xbox 360 controller since the D-Pad and analog stick have their positions switched. I also hate using the claw, and am wondering if anyone has found a way to replicate the way that the Wii version had it where the right analog stick would control the camera. I have tried to map it out like the Wii version, but it seems that there are different actions if you sheathe or unsheathe your weapon, and I can't find a way to map it like that. Monster Hunter only has 1 controller setup, and it's movement with the left analog stick, D-Pad controls the camera, right analaog stick direction performs attacks, and the buttons are selecting things I guess. Even if there's a way to have it like the Wii version with the mouse and keyboard, I'll be happy. I really want to play this game again, and I don't want to use the Playstation 2 controller claw! Is the PS2 version a lost cause for me?

Thank you for any help!