..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Transfer ps2 memory card saves to pcsx2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well what i was wondering is, how would i go about transferring saves from ps2 memory cards to the computer, and then from the computer convert them to a format pcsx2 can use.

Now i want the easiest and/or more importantly cheapest way of doing this. Ive done alittle searching, and there seems to be a thousand ways and its hard to really find the best and cheapest way of doing it.
And most of them are alittle older guides from like 2006, or involve the newer slim ps2s.

first off here is what i have
-working ps2 console (the older bigger one, but it was the newer larger ones that came out alittle bit before the slims did). It is not modded in anyway (soft or hard).
-memory cards that are not the "official sony ones" they are made by nyko
-blank dvd-r discs and usb flash drives
-ps1/ps2 games if needed

So basically i want to know with my ps2 (older large one that is not modded), what exactly would i have to do to get my ps2 memory card saves to my computer.
Really the only thing i want is the saves, so i would rather like to avoid going all out and doing things like mcboot and fully soft modding if i can avoid it. (again trying to keep as simple as possible)

I have a bunch of working ps1 games, as i seen 1 way involved using them, but again would rather avoid if possible (since im not only doing this for me, but im trying to make a emulation video guide, and want to keep it as easy and possibly cheap as possible, and if you dont have ps1 games, im wanting to know if there is a way).

Ofcourse what im most after is for myself, but would like more information on how to as cheap as possible (using maybe just a dvd and usb flash drive w/o need for anything extra), and also maybe if the slim ps2 differs from the old one, maybe also a way for that (again id rather have a way for myself as priority tho so Tongue)

and lastly with the memory cards, does it have to be the official ps2 one?
is there a way to do it with other brand memory cards (like my nyko), and if there are different ways for both, ofcourse would be nice to include both.

so ya would appreciate help, since im kind of sick of trying to search for it, and dont wanna spend hours doing trial and error lol
I know its asking for quite alot (tho again just my specific situation would be enough Tongue), but ill say thanks alot in advanced ^^
Get a GameShark or CodeBreaker or Action Replay PS2 disk that lets you copy game saves to a USB Stick.

Copy your game saves from the USB Stick to your PC.

Get an app from these fourms called MyMC.

When you run the app, it prompts you to open a PCSX2 Memory Card File. Do so.
It will then show you all of the Game Saves on the PCSX2 Memory Card file.
Now, click the second icon from the left, on the top of the MyMc App.
It's called Import. Use that to import the PS2 Game Saves that you copied using the USB Stick.
(03-28-2013, 06:34 AM)JTD Wrote: [ -> ]Get a GameShark or CodeBreaker or Action Replay PS2 disk that lets you copy game saves to a USB Stick.

Copy your game saves from the USB Stick to your PC.

Get an app from these fourms called MyMC.

When you run the app, it prompts you to open a PCSX2 Memory Card File. Do so.
It will then show you all of the Game Saves on the PCSX2 Memory Card file.
Now, click the second icon from the left, on the top of the MyMc App.
It's called Import. Use that to import the PS2 Game Saves that you copied using the USB Stick.

thank you for replying

But im wondering is there anyway to do it w/o a gameshark/etc game disc?
Just run the UlaunchELF elf file the same way that you ran the bios dumping .elf file.
(03-28-2013, 08:21 AM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]Just run the UlaunchELF elf file the same way that you ran the bios dumping .elf file.

now do i do that again? :3

a friend totally dumped the bios to my console and completely reversed anything he did to the console, and now we dont talk anymore, so i cant ask him how to do it.

if you dont buy that, then ive never used a ps2 emulator before, and thus never have dumped my bios yet, and will do that after.

pick w/e story you like best >.>
Ignore my question, I just had to paste it as a psu file Smile

Solved!

(03-28-2013, 08:21 AM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]Just run the UlaunchELF elf file the same way that you ran the bios dumping .elf file.
I'm also trying to copy my save files from my ps2 memory card to pcsx's memory card.
The files I get by copying them with uLaunchELF are:
  1. icon.sys
  2. 01090600.ico
  3. BESCES-50492FF090600
This is FFX's save file, btw.

Now, the BESCES-50492FF090600 is obviously the save file, but it is neither a .max, .psu, .sps, .xps nor a .cbs file (which are the only filetypes supported by MyMC). Is there any way I can use this save without having to use CodeBreaker to copy the files?
Well after doing ALOT of searching.

I found out that every method of this requires a exploited memory card.
And the ONLY ways to get it are
-have gameshark, action replay, codebreaker, magic swap, or HDL/HDA disc
-have a memory card that is able to connect usb to computer/sharkport
-have a small list of ps2 games, and swap discs while its spinning
-have an already exploited system to exploit the card
http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/index.php

so ya that kind of sucks. wish it was like the wii, where all you have to do is a small exploit on a SD card.