..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Memory Card Corruption
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am playing Drakan: The Ancient Gates on the emulator and have been saving just fine for a few days. Today the program crashed during a save and now I can't save my game. I get an in game message that says I have to insert my original card into slot 2 to save. I can load the last successful save but not save it. I tried to start a new game on the same file and can save that one without trouble. I just can't save this file for some reason. is this game corrupted from the crash and I am doomed to start a new game??? I also have created and formatted new cards in an attempt to save my progress on those, but the game says to insert my original card into slot 2 when I try to save this file. Is there any hope of being able to save my game or will I have to start again on an uncorrupted file????
upload the card compressed
(03-31-2013, 09:57 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]upload the card compressed
Thanks for the speedy reply...
ok sorry but I am not real good at tech stuff, could you please explain what you mean? From the card manager I can only see "Refresh list" "Insert" "Duplicate" and "Delete"
(03-31-2013, 10:02 PM)Shaquaela Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the speedy reply...
ok sorry but I am not real good at tech stuff, could you please explain what you mean? From the card manager I can only see "Refresh list" "Insert" "Duplicate" and "Delete"

Can I use the savepoints in the emulator itself to store my game? or are those just for backup?
you mean savestates? They are good as a temporary game save, but they can corrupt too and cause other problems sometimes, so it's recommended to use the in game saves when possible and use savestates as a temporary measure.
(03-31-2013, 10:02 PM)Shaquaela Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the speedy reply...

go to the directory in your PC and compress it. 7z RAR, ZIP and upload it here
(03-31-2013, 10:27 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]go to the directory in your PC and compress it. 7z RAR, ZIP and upload it here

[attachment=43537] here are the two memory cards that were inserted when the program crashed. other game files will save on them fine just not my current game file...
What slot is the one that's the issue? (on the card. 1 or 3?)
The message i get is "You must insert your previous memory card (ps2) in MEMORY CARD slot 2 to save to the current memory card (ps2) in MEMORY CARD slot 1" Card 1 was in slot 1 and the other card in slot 2. there was a crash and it took my game off the memory card. I re- loaded using the emulators load state. The file I had been saving on was wiped but an earlier file exists still. I think memory card 2 is the one that glitched.
ok, I'll take a look
Pages: 1 2