..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Keyboard strange problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi guys,really need your help.i'm using pcsx2 as regular.but suddenly in game some keys of my keyboard stop working.then i pause the emulator & checked in notepad.keys were still not working.then i close emulator & restart my pc,then i checked they start working.i know it's not my hardware problem,then i run a pc game.it was working fine with those keys.then again i run the emulator,start playing.they were working fine,but after 3-4 minutes again stopped.so i knew it's not my hardware,it's pcsx2.then i restore windows to system image i created before.keys were working fine in pc games.but again i did mistake & started emulator.again keys stopped working.btw i'm using official 1.0.0 version,lilypad plugin-windows messaging (recommended) with keyboard & mouse both.i re-installed windows,firstly it was working fine,then again same.i re-installed windows two times.now i'm afraid to use pcsx2.it's very stange never got this problem before.i only changed one thing in emulator,vu cycle steal to=3.ee cycle rate=2(before used same,no problem).so i'm guessing it's vu cycle steal that messed with my hardware.now i'm afraid to use it again.can you guys suggest me a controller which works for ps2,ps3(for future),for pc games also.but now i'm very afraid to use it again.if i set vu cyclesteal to 3,is it'll mess again with my hardware,have ps2 controller either? (sorry for my bad english,hope u understood Tongue2)!!!
That's strange, as far as I know no PCSX2 plugin writes the tables, be it for mouse, keyboard or gamepad, just read the message queue. Do you use any 3rth party applications to control it, like drivers or hotkey wrappers?
Anyone reply atleast,suggest me a controller that works for all ps2,ps3 & pc plz Smile
(04-09-2013, 11:34 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]That's strange, as far as I know no PCSX2 plugin writes the tables, be it for mouse, keyboard or gamepad, just read the message queue. Do you use any 3rth party applications to control it, like drivers or hotkey wrappers?

no i didn't use any third party tool to control anything.very strange never got this problem before.i'm using pcsx2 from 7-8 months.i don't know why it behaving like that.i forgot which svn version i used before.but now i have official version.i'm gusessing it's speedhacks that messed with my hardware,specially vu cycle steal=3.btw can u tell me a controller which works for all pc games,ps2 & ps3.if i again use speedhacks,it should be no problem with controller i'll use??
(04-10-2013, 06:54 AM)Preet Wrote: [ -> ]no i didn't use any third party tool to control anything.very strange never got this problem before.i'm using pcsx2 from 7-8 months.i don't know why it behaving like that.i forgot which svn version i used before.but now i have official version.i'm gusessing it's speedhacks that messed with my hardware,specially vu cycle steal=3.btw can u tell me a controller which works for all pc games,ps2 & ps3.if i again use speedhacks,it should be no problem with controller i'll use??

can't be speedhacks also, since it is stopping the hardware to work on the OS as well.

The advice is running a thorough virus and malware scan, once it is done, repeat online. If that was something coming from new SVN build, is too serious an issue and everybody would be screaming by now.
(04-10-2013, 11:54 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]can't be speedhacks also, since it is stopping the hardware to work on the OS as well.

The advice is running a thorough virus and malware scan, once it is done, repeat online. If that was something coming from new SVN build, is too serious an issue and everybody would be screaming by now.

i don't know what it is.i said before i re-instaled window two times.so it's pure clean now,no malware,virus & i'm using avast antivirus.one thing sure i'll never use my keyboard to play on it.now everything working fine.i checked my friend's usb controller & it's working fine with lilypad plugin & my pc games also.i think games are more enjoyable with usb controllers Smile.now i'll never set my keyboard keys to play in this emulator.i'm going to buy a usb controller.can u tell me wich controller will work for ps2,ps3 & pc,plz tell.
(04-10-2013, 12:26 PM)Preet Wrote: [ -> ]i don't know what it is.i said before i re-instaled window two times.so it's pure clean now,no malware,virus & i'm using avast antivirus.one thing sure i'll never use my keyboard to play on it.now everything working fine.i checked my friend's usb controller & it's working fine with lilypad plugin & my pc games also.i think games are more enjoyable with usb controllers Smile.now i'll never set my keyboard keys to play in this emulator.i'm going to buy a usb controller.can u tell me wich controller will work for ps2,ps3 & pc,plz tell.

I just use the PC version of clones of the actual console controllers, least a complication with adapters.

I have several dual shock models and all them run nicely, and have xbox360 also (which I hate somehow when games "force" it's use when I want mouse and keyboard). The dual shock works well with all emulators, the xbox360 is a bit more complicated.

So, is more about price and durability, I can't tell about brands because possibly they will be different at your country. But in the hypothesis you want some examples, among what I have and had are the following brands:
Multilaser: Current Xbox360 and still working ps3 dual shock version.
BAK: Current wireless dual shock.
Clone: One the best dual shock I ever had, kept it for years.

and many other I can't even remember anymore, there are lots of Chinese products on the market nowadays, they may not be durable but do work... your call.

Edit: Of course you can go for known and excellent brands like Logitech, they are expensive but the feeling and durability are unquestionable.
(04-10-2013, 01:29 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]I just use the PC version of clones of the actual console controllers, least a complication with adapters.

I have several dual shock models and all them run nicely, and have xbox360 also (which I hate somehow when games "force" it's use when I want mouse and keyboard). The dual shock works well with all emulators, the xbox360 is a bit more complicated.

So, is more about price and durability, I can't tell about brands because possibly they will be different at your country. But in the hypothesis you want some examples, among what I have and had are the following brands:
Multilaser: Current Xbox360 and still working ps3 dual shock version.
BAK: Current wireless dual shock.
Clone: One the best dual shock I ever had, kept it for years.

and many other I can't even remember anymore, there are lots of Chinese products on the market nowadays, they may not be durable but do work... your call.

Edit: Of course you can go for known and excellent brands like Logitech, they are expensive but the feeling and durability are unquestionable.

ok,thanks for detailed reply.so a ps3 controller can be use for ps2,ps3 & pc?
(04-10-2013, 02:01 PM)Preet Wrote: [ -> ]ok,thanks for detailed reply.so a ps3 controller can be use for ps2,ps3 & pc?

Not all, you must read the specifications before buying. That was never a problem for me because I don't have PS3 and don't see myself buying consoles anymore. Have not used the PS2 for years now, so all I need is a gamepad which works on PC.

I have been trying to buy a Razer Sabertooth from some time now, but can't find it at the local e-commerce and don't want importing. That one seems to be a "monster" Smile
(04-10-2013, 02:34 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]Not all, you must read the specifications before buying. That was never a problem for me because I don't have PS3 and don't see myself buying consoles anymore. Have not used the PS2 for years now, so all I need is a gamepad which works on PC.

I have been trying to buy a Razer Sabertooth from some time now, but can't find it at the local e-commerce and don't want importing. That one seems to be a "monster" Smile

ok,thanks for all your help.i'll search what i'm looking for.again thanks very much,+1 reputation!!! Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4