..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FPS cap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to play Zone of Enders 2 and in the main menu my fps is a steady 60 but as SOON as gameplay starts it dips to 20 fps and does not get any better.
I have tried alot of settings. (altering frameskip from 2 to 1 or 1 to 2 etc.) and making sure I used the right plugin for my cpu. I'm wondering if it's just my RAM or something.
Any help would be awesome!!

HP ProBook 6360b
Intel® Core™ i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz
2.00 GB RAM
windows 7 Pro 32-bit
Intel HD Graphics 3000
(04-13-2013, 01:26 AM)juandabest81 Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to play Zone of Enders 2 and in the main menu my fps is a steady 60 but as SOON as gameplay starts it dips to 20 fps and does not get any better.
I have tried alot of settings. (altering frameskip from 2 to 1 or 1 to 2 etc.) and making sure I used the right plugin for my cpu. I'm wondering if it's just my RAM or something.
Any help would be awesome!!

HP ProBook 6360b
Intel® Core™ i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz
2.00 GB RAM
windows 7 Pro 32-bit
Intel HD Graphics 3000

The latest i7's overclocked at 5ghz can't tackle this game, yours clocked at 2.3ghz has no chance at anything playable unfortunately.

There are just certain games that run poorly in emulation, and this is one of them.
That just happens to be one of the most demanding PS2 games to emulate. Your RAM has nothing to do with it since PCSX2 uses very little of it. I'd say the biggest bottleneck is your integrated graphics.
(04-13-2013, 02:44 AM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]The latest i7's overclocked at 5ghz can't tackle this game, yours clocked at 2.3ghz has no chance at anything playable unfortunately.

There are just certain games that run poorly in emulation, and this is one of them.

Oh wow. Thanks for the reply.

(04-13-2013, 02:45 AM)metalmallow Wrote: [ -> ]That just happens to be one of the most demanding PS2 games to emulate. Your RAM has nothing to do with it since PCSX2 uses very little of it. I'd say the biggest bottleneck is your integrated graphics.

I agree, the laptop was given to me as a gift so I have no reason to complain but it's still a bummer. Thanks for the reply
(04-13-2013, 02:58 AM)juandabest81 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh wow. Thanks for the reply.

I agree, the laptop was given to me as a gift so I have no reason to complain but it's still a bummer. Thanks for the reply

Try This Method- http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-more-slowdown

if u don't care about sound,because it'll cause sound syncing problem in cutscenes or in game.but speed will be great.try to mess with audio settings,untill u find best one for you Smile
(04-13-2013, 07:32 AM)Preet Wrote: [ -> ]Try This Method- http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-more-slowdown

if u don't care about sound,because it'll cause sound syncing problem in cutscenes or in game.but speed will be great.try to mess with audio settings,untill u find best one for you Smile

Laugh Thanks! sound's overrated anyway! Nah, but I can get used to subtitles, at least when playing on the go.
Glad to hear that it worked for you!!!!