..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Silent Hill: Origins sound issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running Silent Hill: Origins (from the disc) and there seems to be very harsh highs in the audio (especially during cut-scenes). Has anyone encountered similar issues?

Intel® Core™ i5-3210M CPU @ 2.5 GHz 2.5GHz
4 GB RAM
running windows 7

and running PCSX2 1.0.0 with
GSdx 5334
SPU2-X 2.0.0

Now I know that the shadows in hardware mode are messed up so I am running in Software mode. Also I apologize if I have not included enough/ relevant info here, I am not very familiar with these sort of things.
[attachment=43774]
Make an ISO of the dvd and try it then. You can use an application called Imgburn, it's a free program to download. Make and ISO and give it another shot.

Games tend to run much better from an ISO since a pc doesn't spin the dvd all the time like a real PS2 does. Also, activate the recommended speed hacks
I'm not sure which speed hacks you mean, though I turned sequence length in my SPU2-X setting up and turned the in game volume down and that seems to have (at least) masked the problem (though the higher sequence length makes the cut-scene dialogue too slow and it is choppy)... another thing I noticed is in some large halls having the flash light on does not slow down the fps noticeably, and it slows it down the most in small rooms.