..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: how to get Kingdom hearts 2 final mix 1080p widescreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am new at emulation and i have no idea what im doing can somebody please help me. My game is very slow i get around 30 fps-40fps and i want it to be higher. i have not messed with any of the configuration because i have no idea what any of it means. i would also llike to find out how to get kingdom hearts 2 final mix 1920x1080 true widescreen.

computer specs
8gb ddr2 ram 600mhz
Intel core 2 duo e7400 2.8ghz
evga geforce gt 640 2gb overclock edition
7200 320gb hdd
I wouldnt think you wouldve had to, since KH2 is generally quite easy to emulate (I used to run it at full fps at 1366x768 on a core2duo 2.2 with a geforce 230m), but try enabling a few speedhacks (since lowering the resolution isnt an option).

You can also try a different gsdx plugin (try SSE2, 3 and 4.1) as ive found sometimes I get better speeds with SSE2 on some games than I do with SSE4.1.
Alright, ill give that a go right now, and what about TRUE widescreen kingdom hearts 2 final mix? i believe it looks stretched a little bit when i have it in high resolution
Quote:wouldnt think you wouldve had to, since KH2 is generally quite easy to emulate (I used to run it at full fps at 1366x768 on a core2duo 2.2 with a geforce 230m)
Really ?
Are you sure it wasn't KH1 ?
because KH2 is medium-high demanding if you want full speed all the time, whereas KH1 may run on very weak systems.
Im pretty sure there is a widescreen patch for it. You have to patch your iso, the emulator cant do it on its own. I havent looked into it myself (havent looked into patches flr any game tbh lol) however, but hopefully someone who has can point you in the right direction (or perhaps google could work?)

(04-20-2013, 07:38 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Really ?
Are you sure it wasn't KH1 ?
because KH2 is medium-high demanding if you want full speed all the time, whereas KH1 may run on very weak systems.

Yea was def KH2 since I havent had a copy of KH1 for ages.
Still need help .-. its still very slow, is my computer not good enough for hd kingdom hearts 2?
To me it´s not.
But try dante's suggestions.
If he succeeded, i guess you can succeed too...
How is my computer not good enough? i meet the requirements....
you meet the requirements to run pcsx2. Not to emulate all games at full speed.
Your CPU will be a serious bottleneck for demanding games. Those ones will require more a quad core clocked around 3-3.5 ghz

But again, if Dante says KH2 should work with your specs, I suggest you see directly with him.
Personnally, I couldn't decently play this game when I had my old Athlon X2 clocked@ 2.8 ghz with a radeon HD 5570. Now, I play it perfectly with my current PC.
I could not play it with my 2.8ghz Athlon x2 either, but now i have a 2.8ghz core 2 duo and its still slow but it runs better, so maybe theres a setting somewhere i can look at.
also still trying to get widescreen if anyone has the answer for that..
Pages: 1 2