..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Help please pcsx2 problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When i'm playing kingdom hearts it plays at 60 fps but sometimes when im playing the game it just randomly drops down to 30 fps. Im using a laptop. Please help!
Specs:
AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-60 1.90 GHz
windows 7
2.00 Gbs Ram
32-bit Operating System
That's quite a weak PC you have here and those slowdowns a probably expected.
That said, make sure you set your laptop's power plan to high performance and enable all recommended speedhacks.
Thank you now i know why i have been getting slowdowns. Is there a way for me to overclock my laptop.
If you want to turn it into a frying pan, why not ?
seriously, avoid overclocking a lptop at all costs...
But is it possible.
(04-23-2013, 05:48 AM)monkey34 Wrote: [ -> ]But is it possible.

Sure it is but you will cause more harm to you laptop than anything. You risk the possibilty of not only frying your cpu but other parts as well along with iverheating problems. Its not worth the risks involved in doing it.
Can u tell me how regardless of the risk.
Actually for you I don't think its possible. The BIOS has to support it. Since that's such an old system I am 99.9% certain it does not support it. So in other words you can not overclock it. Sorry man. You just have to deal with it. I'm shocked you were able to get any up and running up to 60fps on that thing.
Well thanks for your help i'll just have to get another laptop or desktop.
It is not the matter of old or new. All laptops from various brands that I have dealt with have no overclocking option in the BIOS. Overclocking is only possible using software. In fact official overclocking tool from AMD does not support laptop motherboard -- they have a reason for this.

Laptop's temperature under heavy gaming is always 70C - 80C, while desktop's hardly surpass 60 thanks to bigger heatsink and space. Therefore, place some bread under your laptop before you overclock it.
Pages: 1 2