..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Need Help (FPS drops and lag)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Windows 7 64bit, Intel Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M, 8GB.
PCSX2 1.0 , I have tried using all presets and all with same result.

Honestly I am not very smart with all the lingo. I have just tried following multiple configuration setups but nothing seems to be working. Played around with all suggestions in other threads. FPS drops in all games I have tried so far (NFS U2, Naruto 5, DBZ 3) starts off perfect around 60 and stays good in menus but once I go in-game the FPS drops as low as 10-30...
NFSU2->will never run @ full speed. It's a pcsx2 bug.
did you set your laptop's power plan to high performance ?
what is your cpu clockspeed ?
(04-24-2013, 06:11 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]NFSU2->will never run @ full speed. It's a pcsx2 bug.
did you set your laptop's power plan to high performance ?
what is your cpu clockspeed ?

oh ok and yes its at high performance and CPU @ 2.00GHz
oh, I see.
2.0 Ghz is really weak for pcsx2, and that's probably why you don't get good results.
what do the EE% & gs% say when you get slowdowns ?
(04-24-2013, 06:33 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]oh, I see.
2.0 Ghz is really weak for pcsx2, and that's probably why you don't get good results.
what do the EE% & gs% say when you get slowdowns ?

EE% 13~20 GS 88~95
your GPU is probably struggling too, then.
Set gsdx internal res to native. ANd if that doesn't do the trick, keep playing on your PS2 until you can afford a better machine.
(04-24-2013, 06:47 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]your GPU is probably struggling too, then.
Set gsdx internal res to native. ANd if that doesn't do the trick, keep playing on your PS2 until you can afford a better machine.

alright thanks, bought this laptop about a year ago no point in getting new just for this lol...
Dunno about N4S bugs, but if you get so high GS in other games then you're obviously using software rendering. Apart from common confuse GS% doesn't show a damn about GPU usage, soo you're cpu limited here:]. Get sure you use hardware rendering in GSdx config and make note F9 is a hotkey to switch between software/hardware modes, you could press it by accident or when using other program(like fraps for example;]).