..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Compiling error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys. Look, whenever I try to release a plugin I get this error, on Visual C++ Express Edition:

1>.\SPU2ghz.rc(10) : fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'afxres.h'.

Can anyone give me some light into this matter? Am I doing something wrong?

This just happens to plugins, I can compile the Pcsx2.exe just fine. I already installed DirectX SDK...

Thanks in advance for taking your time and reading this.
(02-09-2009, 12:20 AM)Gentleman Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys. Look, whenever I try to release a plugin I get this error, on Visual C++ Express Edition:

1>.\SPU2ghz.rc(10) : fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'afxres.h'.

Can anyone give me some light into this matter? Am I doing something wrong?

This just happens to plugins, I can compile the Pcsx2.exe just fine. I already installed DirectX SDK...

Thanks in advance for taking your time and reading this.

Visual Studio express intentionally blocks MFC class libraries and headers (afxres.h) from working. Use something else that supports afxres.h (Visual Studio Pro, MinGW, a VS-solution compatible IDE with support with MSVC 2003 toolkit (Code::Blocks), etc.)

It's a bit much to expect from people to have Visual Studio Pro, since it is so expensive, so I included a few other items that will generally work with the sources. The MinGW option is probably not well tested, and is not suggested unless you know how to convert the DirectX SDK from Visual Studio format to MinGW format.
VS team suite has a 90day free trial, you can use that.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...570C5384CB&displaylang=en