..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 versions/plugins that don't require Pixel Shader 2.0?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a friend who is stuck with a computer that they're not allowed to upgrade. Her father just keeps giving her hand-me-down computers and doesn't want to put much work into them, etc. They have 1GB of RAM, running Windows XP, on 3GHz Pentium 4 with Hyperthreading. The real problem is that it has Intel 865G integrated graphics. Surprisingly, her computer actually can run DS and N64 emulators with no issues.

The thing is, she REALLY wants to run a PS2 emulator on this thing, even if it only gets 10 fps or something. She's apparently used to playing high-end games at very slow speeds, and always gets burned when the minimum system requirements for any program increase.

Basically, I just need to know if there is an older version of PCSX2 that doesn't have this Pixel Shader requirement, or if there's some kind of plugin available that doesn't have it, etc. At this point, performance and perfect emulation isn't an issue... it just has to somewhat work.
you will need 0.9.4 or older i believe. i think that supported 1.3, but your friend may need 3d analyzer to force shader support.

i recommend checking intels website for a newer driver also.
Does GSDX not even allow someone to use it in software mode without proper pixel shader support? That doesn't seem right...
well theoretically, its all done in software mode. If you can use "reference device" i believe everything is done in software, however itll be so slow itll be unusable.
I don't think they'll likely get any more playable result going through that ancient intel graphics through hardware either though. At least going pure software will result in something that looks nice Wink
(04-25-2013, 11:58 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]you will need 0.9.4 or older i believe. i think that supported 1.3, but your friend may need 3d analyzer to force shader support.

i recommend checking intels website for a newer driver also.

It didn't occur to me use 3D analyzer, I'll try that and see what happens. Not sure if a newer driver will help. Pixel Shader support wasn't added until the very next chipset revision. 910GL and 915G have it, 865G doesn't. Sad

(04-26-2013, 01:40 AM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]Does GSDX not even allow someone to use it in software mode without proper pixel shader support? That doesn't seem right...

I tried using GSDX in DirectX9 (Software) mode, and it gave the same message. I also tried ZZOgl and ZeroGS's OpenGL versions. ZZOgl asked for an INI file, but I didn't know how to write one or where to get one. Neither one of them worked with default settings, although the error message was vague and only told me that the GS plugin failed to load and that it might be related to insufficient resources.

EDIT: I did notice that there's a version of the GSDX plugin that has SDL and OpenGL rendering support, I'll tell my friend to try both of those, along with the older version and 3D analyzer. The more things I try, the higher the chance of something working.

Chances are that it will run VERY slow if I get it working, but this person is kind of weird and somehow is content to run games in freeze-frames. That's the only reason I'm even trying, most people I would tell them to give up.
ZZOgl is for OpenGL Smile But why not look for a budgetcard, here in the netherlands I bought for my mom a low profile 5450 passive cooled 1 GByte GDDR3 for about 35 to 40 euro's (Asus). It's not much but it definetly boosts your friend's pc quite some bit. Now I'm nog sure if the 865 chipset of Intel supports PCI-Express though if not then it's going to be quite an expensive joke to find a AGP Card. With luck you can still find a decent recent Graphics Card Chip Card for not much money.
This Thread will help you Smile

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Pcsx2-run...low-end-pc

Apparantly the guy got pcsx2 running in his intel 845 onboard gpu using a software named swiftshader.
(04-26-2013, 10:02 PM)PostalDude Wrote: [ -> ]This Thread will help you Smile

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Pcsx2-run...low-end-pc

Apparantly the guy got pcsx2 running in his intel 845 onboard gpu using a software named swiftshader.

So it "runs" but definitely not playable by any means. 7-10fps is is not playable.
playing on your PS2 is much better than these attempts -_-

i don't want to "witch hunt" but it's obvious that maybe this dude don't have a PS2 to claim the BIOS out of it like 10 FPS is useless ....
Pages: 1 2