..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: The Getaway fog / draw distance problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
pcsx2 r5620 on windows 7 32bit

VGA: GTX 560 Ti
RAM: 4GB
CPU: i5 2400 3.30 Ghz

GSdx 5334 SSE41 0.1.16 GSDX 10 Plugin - Direct3D11 (Hardware)

When I enable HW hack and tick all the hack from alpha to agressive crc then the self shadows are working perfectly , in directx 9 mode its glitched up, so its fine. The main problem is with the white fog.

This forum topic the user miseru99 posted a .patch file that I do not understand how to apply.
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-The-Getaway-problem?page=2

There is a problem with random fps drops aswell , sometimes in ingame video clips fps goes from 50-60 to 10 and its like super slow mo.
I've tried to set skipdraw from 1 to 10 but always I have the same result, even when Im trying to set core settings.

This is how the "fog" looks like ingame

[Image: N_vtele111n.jpg]
I thought this was fixed in 1.0.0..

I use 1.1.0 r5480 and there's no fog for me. Try software mode (F9) maybe?
yeah in software mode its working but there you can play only in original ps2 resolution (native) I would liek to play it in 1080p with 4x resolution Smile

( I've just tried the latest revision 5645 1.1.0, and the fog is still there )
Did you try various skipdraws (1-10)? From my experience skipdraws usually removes HUD elements and such, but The Getaway has no HUD at all (only main menu and pause menu) so maybe that'll help?
(05-30-2013, 06:37 PM)NarooN Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try various skipdraws (1-10)? From my experience skipdraws usually removes HUD elements and such, but The Getaway has no HUD at all (only main menu and pause menu) so maybe that'll help?

Yes i have tried 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10

[Image: N_vt11111elen.jpg]

( It looks like msaa dosen't do anything aswell, even if I set it to 16x i have the same quality of antialiasing )
Disable msaa,it have glitches.use Fxaa instead activate it by pressing pgup button on keyboard.
About fog tick half pixel & wild arms offset only in hw hacks.
Set skipdraw to 1.
Enable shade boost-50,68,70

Try different renderer Direct3D9,10 or 11
(05-30-2013, 07:56 PM)Preet Wrote: [ -> ]Disable msaa,it have glitches.use Fxaa instead activate it by pressing pgup button on keyboard.
About fog tick half pixel & wild arms offset only in hw hacks.
Set skipdraw to 1.
Enable shade boost-50,68,70

Try different renderer Direct3D9,10 or 11

im sorry but nothing changed and ur shade boost settings made the screen realy dark... what u mean by page up? are there functions ordered to hotkeys that u cant set in settings? i tried to press page up ingame and in the menu aswell but nothing happaned
(05-30-2013, 11:17 PM)pumab99991 Wrote: [ -> ]im sorry but nothing changed and ur shade boost settings made the screen realy dark... what u mean by page up? are there functions ordered to hotkeys that u cant set in settings? i tried to press page up ingame and in the menu aswell but nothing happaned

pgup means key on keyboard right side.which activates Fxaa in pcsx2 instead of msaa u can use it.
but it only works if u have nvidia card.u can adjust shade boost to u'r taste.i like something dark.u can increase brightness Laugh
really i don't have the game,i was only trying to help u !
did u try different direct3d renderes e.g Direct3d9,10,11 & different hardware hacks e.g tick one by one alpha,sprite,half pixel offset,wild arms offset ?
(05-31-2013, 06:01 AM)Preet Wrote: [ -> ]pgup means key on keyboard right side.which activates Fxaa in pcsx2 instead of msaa u can use it.
but it only works if u have nvidia card.u can adjust shade boost to u'r taste.i like something dark.u can increase brightness Laugh
really i don't have the game,i was only trying to help u !
did u try different direct3d renderes e.g Direct3d9,10,11 & different hardware hacks e.g tick one by one alpha,sprite,half pixel offset,wild arms offset ?

I have to tick all the hacks to get the shadows to work , else there are no shadows at all, ( I tried to tick them 1 by 1 ) but they dont do anything with that "fog"

as I mentioned before and linked a forum topic in my first post, there is a user who shared a .plugin and they say it fixes the fog but I dont know how to apply .patch files. I tried to drag and drop, enable cheats and put it in cheats folder, or create a patch folder but nothing ... can you help me with that?
After some settings, i have finaly found how to play with The Getaway without lag and of course without fog :

I have the latest version of pcsx2 (1.1.0.5703 svn).
GSDX32-SSE2-r5705

EE/IOP and VUs: default
SpeedHakcs : EE = 2; VU = 1; INTC, Wait Loop detection, mVU Flag Hack and MTVU enabled (don't enable Synchronized MTGS)

In GSDX settings :

DX11 Sofware
Interlacing = none
Extra rendering threads = 2
Edge anti-aliasing enabled.

My config : i5 2500k, ATI 6970, 8 go DDR3, Seven 64

Have a good time Smile
Pages: 1 2