..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Request: Devil summoner hard mode on first run?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I am currently looking for a way to play Devil summoner 1 on hardmode first run without downloading a save with completed store level and demon compendium, any ideas? Maybe a save editor or PAR cheat but I have no idea how to go about that. I would really like to play this game but normal mode is too damn easy.
(06-06-2013, 02:10 AM)piotyr Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I am currently looking for a way to play Devil summoner 1 on hardmode first run without downloading a save with completed store level and demon compendium, any ideas? Maybe a save editor or PAR cheat but I have no idea how to go about that. I would really like to play this game but normal mode is too damn easy.

Never played it yet but I own it and most smt even on normal give a decent amount of difficulty (nocturne owned me I probably died ~10 times on normal mode.. when I play through it again my goal is hard mode 0 deaths) why not play through it unlock hard then just make a new game on hard mode?
Because I played through half of it and it was just so boring. Devil summoner was one of their first attempts at a real time combat system and on normal mode it amounts to mash attack till enemy dead. I had ONE challenging fight till I put it down for a while and lost my save. So this time I want to play it right, I tried a save from gamefaqs and the games actually fun but sadly it is maxed out.
(06-06-2013, 03:46 AM)piotyr Wrote: [ -> ]Because I played through half of it and it was just so boring. Devil summoner was one of their first attempts at a real time combat system and on normal mode it amounts to mash attack till enemy dead. I had ONE challenging fight till I put it down for a while and lost my save. So this time I want to play it right, I tried a save from gamefaqs and the games actually fun but sadly it is maxed out.

Most real time combats do amount to mash the button until things are dead except for boss fights atleast in my experience... but my real time combat games only amount to... nearly all the tales series... star ocean 3... lol
Well in hard mode it requires you using your demons abilities and dodge like mad due to it being nearly one hit kills
(06-06-2013, 05:09 AM)piotyr Wrote: [ -> ]Well in hard mode it requires you using your demons abilities and dodge like mad due to it being nearly one hit kills

Yeah but in the end normal monsters are probably still mostly button mashing idk though it sounds interesting Biggrin
No its not, I didn't even get to a boss fight, smt games usually know how to make normal fights on hard mode good.
(06-06-2013, 06:08 AM)piotyr Wrote: [ -> ]No its not, I didn't even get to a boss fight, smt games usually know how to make normal fights on hard mode good.

Eh I guess maybe the devil summoners do but on the turn based games hard mode normal battles are pretty much the same it sounds interesting though if you died before the boss fightBiggrin