..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Champions: Return To Arm FPS Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Windows 8 Pro

Processor: AMD FX™ 4170 Quad-Core @ 4.2 GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 TI
HDisk1: 120 GB Solid State
HDisk2: 500 GB Drive

Build Description: PCSX2 1.1.0 SVN 5649 - Windows
GSdx 5334 MSVC 16.00, AVX
LilyPad 0.11.0
cdvdGigaherz 0.8.0
USBnull Driver 0.7.0
SPU2-X 2.0.0
DEV9null Driver 0.5.0
FWnull Driver 0.7.0
USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop

Speedhacks Used:
Enable INTC Spin Detection
Enable Wait Loop Detection
mVU Flag Hack
MTVU
3-VU Cycle Stealing

Gamefixes Used:
None

GS Plugin settings
Adapter: Microsoft Basic Render Driver
Renderer: Direct3D9 (Software)
Interlacing: Auto
Extra Rendering Threads: 4

So far these are the best settings I can get the game to run with slight artifacts due to software mode but it still only gets up to about 20-30 FPS which is pretty painful to play. I have a feeling its something to do with the GS plugin settings or plugin in general any help or suggestions to boost the fps to make this playable?
Get a better cpu and it shiuld be ok.
Amd bulkdozer architecture is unfortunately a pain in the ass when it comes to high performance gaming.
Piledriver (similar to bulldozer yet better) is 20% better in fps when comparing on the FFX-2 benchmark thread. Definitely something to consider knowing that Steamroller is still some months out.
Alright good to know. I haven't had any problems running any other games on high settings, PCSX2 and champions is the only thing that has ever given me a problem. If I'm looking at 200 dollars just to upgrade my processor to play a PS2 Game that wouldn't be very logical, might as well just go to ebay buy a PS2 and then play all my games that way. Thanks for the help though appreciated.
I have an i5-2500k over clocked to 4.0GHz, and even with speed hacks its unplayable. Same for all the other Snowblind games. For some reason they don't emulate well at all. Until recently they didn't play at all.

[edit] Oh, by the way, that processor you have is actually a dual-core. It does indeed have 4 integer processing units, but only 2 schedulers and two floating point units. You shouldn't be using 4 extra threads. Rule of thumb: one extra vendering thread for every extra FPU (one for the emulator itself). In your case you have 2 FPUs and so you will want to set that to 1. Another example, I have 4 FPUs and have 3 extra rendering threads.
Quote: If I'm looking at 200 dollars

Nope, just $100, but maybe less on the used market. I saw an A8-5600k (APU equivalent) for only $70 on ebay. There are olenty of AM3+ choices out there.
The snowblind games are very rough on the cpu even my I5 3570k oced to 4gz gets major slow downs in these games sso yeah going to have to wait until newer cpus come out.
(06-13-2013, 06:49 PM)flore1nr Wrote: [ -> ]Windows 8 Pro
GS Plugin settings
Adapter: Microsoft Basic Render Driver
Renderer: Direct3D9 (Software)
Interlacing: Auto
Extra Rendering Threads: 4
try your nvidia gtx 650ti as adapter, and use directx 11
(06-14-2013, 12:59 AM)billyash Wrote: [ -> ]try your nvidia gtx 650ti as adapter, and use directx 11

Baldur's Gate and Champions of Norrath aren't playable in hardware mode due to rendering problem (half screen missing).
(06-13-2013, 10:59 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, just $100, but maybe less on the used market. I saw an A8-5600k (APU equivalent) for only $70 on ebay. There are olenty of AM3+ choices out there.
A decent AM3+/AM3 CPU that I found is here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819103727
Pages: 1 2