..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
About how demanding are they? Any hope of getting either of them running properly on an AMD Phenom 2 3.2 GHZ quad core with an Nvidia 9800GT?

(I do plan on getting a better Graphics Card.)

I ask because I'm using an older DVD ROM drive, and it takes FOREVER to rip something from disk, be it music or PS2 games.

Edit Note: I do not expect to upscale. I simply play my PS2 games on my computer because my PS2's disc drive is "Warped" and the discs scrape against the bottom of the PS2's disc try. It's one of teh newer slim models.
Afaik, you should be able to run mgs3 reasonably.
Mgs2, however, is a bit more gpu demanding. ( especially the tanker part)
post full pc specs please?
Here are the full specs. Really just a screenshot of speccy, since I'm lazy, but I think it's sufficient.
that should run MGS2 fine. the tanker mission I would recommend running software mode though.
Alrighty. Any recommended settings for MGS3?

And thanks for the help :)
MTVU, that's really about it. I play MGS3 at full speed with almost no speedhacks

edit to add: MGS3 videos are VERY laggy, something you'll have to deal with
(06-17-2013, 09:10 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]that should run MGS2 fine. the tanker mission I would recommend running software mode though.
I have finished the tanker part in hardware mode, and haven't encountered a single problem.
(06-18-2013, 11:04 AM)Dant Wrote: [ -> ]I have finished the tanker part in hardware mode, and haven't encountered a single problem.

with EXACTLY what specs?
(06-18-2013, 07:01 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]with EXACTLY what specs?
You mean my PC? Pentium B960 2.2GHz, 4GB Ram, Geforce 710m 1GB PCSX2 SVN 5622
Obviously I didn't have full speed. And I finished it several days ago.
Oh, and it was MGS2 Sons of Liberty NTSC.
Pages: 1 2