..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PS2 MemCard dump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to use my own save data off my ps2 in PCSX2
but i have no idea of how to go about i was wondering if anyone knew of some way of doing it.

My ps2 boots FreeMcboot 1.8 so i can run homebrew
if any one know of a home brew i can run to make a virtual copy of a Memory card that would be awesome too
(06-22-2013, 02:36 AM)Eiodalin Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to use my own save data off my ps2 in PCSX2

Have you tried this?

That's the only thing I ever knew of.
I had that question when pcsx2 was on my old computer.
Hope this helps!
I have used save builder before it is an excellent tool

i should have stated this in my orginal post but i would also like to be able to dump an img of the memcard straight from the ps2 to a USB flash drive.

then i could use save builder to then tinker to were ineed to put the file
Gamefaq saves to PCSX2? I think MyMC will be the better tool for that.
This is how I did it,
(this is on the real PS2)
Insert a USB drive into your PS2
Run Ulaunchelf, it should be one of the default Free Mcboot apps(provided you used the newbie pack)
Try to open your USB drive, it should be named mass0(or something like that), you should see the contents of it, if so
Go back to the previous screen and open the memorycard that you want to pull saves from
Highlight the folder and hit R1, select copy, then navigate to your USB drive and select paste as PSU, that should paste a PSU on the USB drive.

(on your PC)

You then should be able to use MyMC to import the PSU's into your Pcsx2 memory card.
Just open the card in MyMC and under one of the menus there should be a import PSU menu item(if I remember correctly).
Save the changes to the card, then start up Pcsx2 and see if it worked.

Hopefully that helps, and doesn't just confuse you.
not confusing all
Worked like a charm