..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Newbie needs help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've been trying to play two games in particular for a long time (Def Jam: Fight for NY and NFL Street 2). They are the only games I can play on my Xbox 360 and I'm not ready to let them go. I've tried setting PCSX2 0.9.8 for awhile, but the guide might as well be in chinese. When ever I load the games the menus run anywhere from 43-52 fps, but when I play them they drop to 30-34 fps, which is unplayable. I need help from someone willing to walk me through this so I can play my games again.

My specs are.
Model: HPE-410f
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X6 1045t Processor 2.70 GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
System: Windows 7 64-bit
Graphics Card: Geforce GTX 550 Ti

Any help would be great. Thanks.
First, update to latest 1.0.0 stable or use the SVN. Then use mtvu hack and overclock as high as you safely can, as 2.7 ghz while using only 2 cores (or 3 with mtvu) just isn't enough.
I updated and ran the mtvu hack, but it didn't seem to work. The game is still running pretty slow and now the graphics are going crazy. (In NFL Street 2) the walls are just black and the characters are turning different colors.
(06-23-2013, 04:30 AM)masteraj1991 Wrote: [ -> ]I updated and ran the mtvu hack, but it didn't seem to work. The game is still running pretty slow and now the graphics are going crazy. (In NFL Street 2) the walls are just black and the characters are turning different colors.

Try playing around with the video settings in config. Maybe switching from Direct3D11 to Direct3D9 will help, or set resolution to native (minor speed-up). Another idea is to try different plugins for GS.
I've tried all of those things, it just seems as soon as I actually try to play the game begins to slow down to insane amounts. I just messed around with it and it dropped to 8 fps. It's just frustrating because my computer can play Metro 2033 and GTA IV on High settings, but it can't run a PS2 game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqzNjEJoDVU

Found a video of a guy playing Def Jam: Fight for NY and posting his settings. Maybe setting it up the way he does will fix some bugs. The only other thing I can think of is that it's a bad rip, or update your graphics card.
About NFL, I think you have no other choice than using software mode to render graphics properly. (F9 key. Think about settings extra rendering threads to 4 or 5)

(06-23-2013, 08:04 AM)masteraj1991 Wrote: [ -> ]It's just frustrating because my computer can play Metro 2033 and GTA IV on High settings, but it can't run a PS2 game.

Unless you want to sound perfectly ridiculous, don't compare native pc games to emulated games on a PC. It's a complete nonsense and requires much more raw power.