..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Can't create log file logs/GSzzogl.log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I am on the PCSX2 first time configuration screen, and after I have selected the plugins folder at /Volumes/PCSX2 0.9.7/pcsx2 0.9.7 Alpha.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/plugins

and the plugins become visible on the screen I press next.

I get the following two error windows:

"Can't create log file logs/GSzzogl.log"

Followed by:

"The selected Gs plugin failed to load. Reason: GS plugin failed to initialize. Your system may have insufficient memory or resources to run."

Terminal tells me the plugins have loaded successfully, but when I press "configure", Terminal returns "Plugin name mismatch, configuration request ignored." I feel that this may be the root of the problem but I cannot tell what it means.

My specs are:
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB graphics

Which I would think are sufficient. Anyone have any thoughts? First time post and forum n00b so please excuse the etiquette.
By no means am I a technology wizz, but I can give a couple suggestions that might work. First off I don't think your specs are the problem, they look fine to me (thats with low credibility though). One thing you could try is re-installing your GS plugin, or finding an updated version if its not already. Also "Plugin name mismatch" sounds like the program might be confusing the GSzzogl.log file with another (Although thats just speculation). Worst comes to worst, you can always delete everything and start again. I know its pain, but it might fix the mismatch problem. You can also try using a program like parallels to run the windows version of PCSX2 which as I take it, is far easier to use and has WAY less issues. Anyways hoped this helped in some way.