..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: dot Hack Outbreak performance [SOLVED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
if that's native rez you have CPU issues.. even my e2200 could hit 60fps (NTSC)
(07-03-2013, 03:46 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]if that's native rez you have CPU issues.. even my e2200 could hit 60fps (NTSC)

I fail too see what could be wrong... Sad Every other apps are doing fine, I play Crisis 3 at normal, BF 3 and Farcry 3 at max with solid 60 fps, though I understand emulators aren't using resources the same way those games do.
I haven't played .Hack on PCSX2, but that doesn't look right to me. According to those screens, unless I'm misreading it, it looks GS limited? (GS is rockin 100%, EE at 40ish with the limiter off). A 660ti should be more than capable of getting 60 fps at native, or even 2/3x native res (at least), on most games.

Have you tried creating an Nvidia profile for PCSX2, and ensure you have both high performance GPU preset, and high performance windows power preset enabled?

Edit: typos
yea.. let's compare x86 and mips apps...
(07-03-2013, 04:38 PM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't played .Hack on PCSX2, but that doesn't look right to me. According to those screens, unless I'm misreading it, it looks GS limited? (GS is rockin 100%, EE at 40ish with the limiter off). A 660ti should be more than capable of getting 60 fps at native, or even 2/3x native res (at least), on most games.

Have you tried creating an Nvidia profile for PCSX2, and ensure you have both high performance GPU preset, and high performance windows power preset enabled?

Edit: typos

I tried to put it the way you suggest but it barely improves anything. One thing though : The fps drop is less dramatic on last stable 1.0.0. And also, DX11 software rendering eats 20 % more cpu, but it runs flawlessly (but then, I can't increase res and AA doesn't seem enough for me...).
GS% reaching 100% clearly points at cpu limitation. Those amd chips has 2 core modules which share calculations so if two heavy threads run on same module it get's much slower, you could try setting process affinity to every second core for pcsx2(using windows task manager). Not sure how much it'll help through.

As for other things you can try if the above doesn't help ~ maybe skipdraw hack in gsdx config could potentially help, since high GS typically means some problematic stuff being done and skipdraw just deletes stuff(it might delete some of the visible graphics through;p). Frameskiping is also an easy way to drop GS% down, but we all know it's an option for desperate people and even if it doesn't break anything I would say loosing animation smoothness is far worse than playing at native res;p.
You using a high MSAA by chance? Also get the widescreen hacks if you are going to play with it in 16:9 like those screen shows show. Put those in either the Cheat folder ifyou are using 1.0.0 or the widescreen folder if you are using newer svns
(07-03-2013, 08:01 PM)miseru99 Wrote: [ -> ]GS% reaching 100% clearly points at cpu limitation. Those amd chips has 2 core modules which share calculations so if two heavy threads run on same module it get's much slower, you could try setting process affinity to every second core for pcsx2(using windows task manager). Not sure how much it'll help through.

As for other things you can try if the above doesn't help ~ maybe skipdraw hack in gsdx config could potentially help, since high GS typically means some problematic stuff being done and skipdraw just deletes stuff(it might delete some of the visible graphics through;p). Frameskiping is also an easy way to drop GS% down, but we all know it's an option for desperate people and even if it doesn't break anything I would say loosing animation smoothness is far worse than playing at native res;p.

This post sums it up pretty nicely. That said, running windows 8 which means processor affiniity shouldn't have to be messed with (Microsoft worked with AMD to fix the affinity issue in Win 8)

That said, it still seems really weird that you'd be getting it that bad... In GSDX settings, do you have 8-bit textures checked by any chance?
in windows 8 you CAN'T change affinity
(07-03-2013, 05:07 PM)DarkeoX Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to put it the way you suggest but it barely improves anything. One thing though : The fps drop is less dramatic on last stable 1.0.0. And also, DX11 software rendering eats 20 % more cpu, but it runs flawlessly (but then, I can't increase res and AA doesn't seem enough for me...).

Try running CPU-z while playing on PCSX2 with GSdx hardware renderer and see in which frequency your processor is running at. It might be a speed step issue
Pages: 1 2 3