..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: VU Cycle steal vs Base Framerate ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been experimenting with pcsx2, i found something interesting.
I set vu cycle steal to 3 usually most games have flickering and slowdown but when i change baseframerate to 25% (ntsc=15 ,pal=12,5) i don't see any flickering or slowdown (FMV isn't count)
E.g dynasty 5 empire.
Anyone here have any clue? Or vu has something related?
Thank you Smile
Edit: increase limiter=405%
VU cycle stealing cause fake FPS that's why you have "full speed"
(06-29-2013, 09:56 AM)The Old Refuge Wrote: [ -> ]VU cycle stealing cause fake FPS that's why you have "full speed"

you don't understand. I can play that game at fullspeed. I do that just for experiment, beside i don't talk about fps.
I talk about slowdown and flickering when activating vu slider to 3, but when lowering base framerate those issue disappear Smile
you're saying that the desync problems go away with lowering the frames ... hmm got to test it ...
(06-29-2013, 10:21 AM)The Old Refuge Wrote: [ -> ]you're saying that the desync problems go away with lowering the frames ... hmm got to test it ...

yep, vu slider to 3 and lowering base framerate ntsc=15, pal=12.5 (FMV isn't counted) and don't forget increase limiter 405%
(06-29-2013, 10:53 AM)billyash Wrote: [ -> ]yep, vu slider to 3 and lowering base framerate ntsc=15, pal=12.5 (FMV isn't counted)

by the end of the day i will test it in fact if you have more optimal config to prove your point PM me Smile
You are speeding up the game by starving it of VU time, then breaking the update mechanism with the framerate change.
This may give you a 60fps experience but you're getting the bugs from both hacks as well.
Some effects cancel each other out (the flickering), some get worse.
You'll definitely run into issues somewhere else in the game, which is why we didn't consider adding this as a hack.
Of course you're still free to play your games this way, if you want.
(06-29-2013, 01:34 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]You are speeding up the game by starving it of VU time, then breaking the update mechanism with the framerate change.
This may give you a 60fps experience but you're getting the bugs from both hacks as well.
Some effects cancel each other out (the flickering), some get worse.
You'll definitely run into issues somewhere else in the game, which is why we didn't consider adding this as a hack.
Of course you're still free to play your games this way, if you want.

you are correct, i do that just for experiment. Actually i can play most games at full. I don't know it possible or not vu cycle steal followed by framerate, it may decrease slowdown and flickering issue.
Again the only problem is sound too fast if we achieve fullspeed at time stretching mode
Note: i wish i know coding ( =.=)"
Man u definitely should go into coding
because u do lot of experiments
i'm sure u learn it very quickly Wink