..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Shadow of the colossus not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Helle everyone,

I just downloaded PCSX2 for the first time and I wanted to play Shadow of the Colossus on my laptop. I have the cd for the game so I configured the programme and after I got the intro screen of the game the programme didnt respond anymore and had to be shut down. Do any of you guys know how I can fix this?

Oh and also wanted to play games with the Ps3 Controller so I downloaded the Lilypad programme and I set the Ps3 controller as first controller and second (after it was already detected by windows) but it doesn't work..

Thanks a lot ! Cool
pc specs ? Pcsx2 version ? Plugins config ? Screenshots ?
(02-13-2009, 11:36 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]pc specs ? Pcsx2 version ? Plugins config ? Screenshots ?

Hello,

My Pcsx version is 0.9.2.
My Pc specs are the following:
AMD Turion 64X2 mobile technology TL-52
2,00 GB RAM
HD 2400
1,6 Ghz

I have made some screens of my plugin config and what happens when I start up the game. Unfortunately the text on the screens are all in Dutch but it means that it doesn't work Tongue

Tnx ! [attachment=12822][attachment=12823][attachment=12824]
Your Pcsx2 version very old. Use a new one http://www.pcsx2.net/files/12025 and get the latest snapshot here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html

Ahh and don`t forget use Gsdx plugin and disable windows aero. This should help increase your game speed.
try to get the newest pcsx2 version and plugins, imho svn 478 is the newest here on the forums. then read the configuration guide. you use zerogs for the graphics, which is quite outdated. your other plugins are also quite old.

then i have bad news for you: shadow of the colossus really needs good hardware. even on my e8400 overclocked to 4ghz there are serious slowdowns during gameplay. you are using a laptop obviously. i don't think that sotc will run in playable speed.
you can try other games, which are not so demanding (ff x for example), but most games will run slow on your computer.
Okay thanks for the help again and I'm gonna try some other games then got a lot of them so Tongue

But for this ps3 controller, i was still wondering if i can use it for playing via pcsx2 ?
Quote:Unfortunately the text on the screens are all in Dutch but it means that it doesn't work

Why did you buy it in dutch version if you don't understand it ????
Huh? jesalvein - he says that the error messages are in dutch (persumably because he speaks dutch), not the game. Why are you trying so hard to find people who download games?
(02-13-2009, 10:01 PM)Nneeve Wrote: [ -> ]Huh? jesalvein - he says that the error messages are in dutch (persumably because he speaks dutch), not the game. Why are you trying so hard to find people who download games?

oh Sorry.

I was mistaken when reading too quickly his post

Sorry again everyone
Haha lol yeah I'm from Holland Wink

But with the ps3 controller.. can you use it or not ?
Pages: 1 2