..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Using SVN correctly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I download the newest SVN and start I need to setup the bios and so on.

How do I play the newest SVn with my "old" (previous) settings?

Sorry but I'm new to all this.

Cheers.
Copy the BIOS and INIs folder from the old PCSX2 directory into the new one Smile
It depends on how you used your old pcsx2 version.
If it was installer,just delete the portable.ini file,if not,you have to tell pcsx2 where the bios is
(07-04-2013, 04:05 AM)The Old Refuge Wrote: [ -> ]Copy the BIOS and INIs folder from the old PCSX2 directory into the new one Smile

I did copy bios and inis folder. But when I run the (for example) pcsx2-r5649 The first time config still pops up where I chose my language. Then it ask me to import settings and so.

How do I skip all that every time when I download a new SVN?

Cheers.
Just don't extract the new SVN's portable.ini, and you will not have to run through the wizard every time you update.
(07-04-2013, 05:04 AM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]Just don't extract the new SVN's portable.ini, and you will not have to run through the wizard every time you update.

Works much better for HTPC. Biggrin

Thanks.
(07-04-2013, 11:10 AM)lokipoki Wrote: [ -> ]Works much better for HTPC. Biggrin

Thanks.

Extracting each SVN zip will clog up your plugins folder with different revisions of each plugin, so be sure to remove those, or at least selectively extract the files from the archive according to the changes. I just see which files have a higher revision number than the last time i updated and copy them to my folder.
not sure if this is the right forum but the new svns are not available to download 5766 is available but 5767,8,9 are supposed to be available. anyone know the deal?
(12-17-2013, 10:10 PM)silentpillager Wrote: [ -> ]not sure if this is the right forum but the new svns are not available to download 5766 is available but 5767,8,9 are supposed to be available. anyone know the deal?

It's a valid question but do check what the changes are since its only 3-4 revisions, do they affect you?

Also the forum does prefer a new thread to be made for a new question Tongue
Please dont resurrect old threads by other people to ask your own question, make a new thread.