..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Emultaion Blank Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I installed PCSX2 on ubuntu 12.04. I am trying to boot a disk and every time I try to boot it I hear the classic ps2 start-up but I see nothing just a blank window and my current status at the top.
Is your Ubuntu 32 bit or 64 bit? What gpu? Proprietary or open source gpu driver? Game(s) attempted? Plugin used?
If you got an nvidia card and use GSdx you will need to set this option:
override_geometry_shader = 0
(07-23-2013, 04:22 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: [ -> ]Is your Ubuntu 32 bit or 64 bit? What gpu? Proprietary or open source gpu driver? Game(s) attempted? Plugin used?

64 bit, Not sure about gpu stuff, how do I find that out? I'm kinda new to linux, tried to play salt lake 2002. there was only one plugin for each option except like two of them. Which plugin are you looking for?
(07-23-2013, 08:38 AM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]If you got an nvidia card and use GSdx you will need to set this option:
override_geometry_shader = 0
I dont see that option.
If you are using 64 bit then you are probably missing some important dependencies. How did you install pcsx2? By the way, gpu means graphics card (graphics processing unit). How did you install the gpu drivers?
(07-24-2013, 01:47 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: [ -> ]If you are using 64 bit then you are probably missing some important dependencies. How did you install pcsx2? By the way, gpu means graphics card (graphics processing unit). How did you install the gpu drivers?

I'm not sure about the dependencies or drivers. I JUST switched from fedora to ubuntu, wiping my hard drive in the process. To install I used the apt-get-repository...apt-get update... apt-get install pcsx2 process. Should I have done it different? I see a few packages in package manager that relate to pcsx2 that arent installed. how can I take a screenshot to show you? And I havent manually installed any drivers, but everything seems to be working fine other than pcsx2.
What is your gpu? Sorry to ask so many questions, but the details are relevant.
[attachment=45101]Here. I attached a screenshot of packages invlolving pcsx2, and the graphics info i could find.
This explains a lot actually. You are using the "free" AKA "open source" graphics driver for Nvidia. It is ok, just not great. Look at the OpenGL version on the screen. It says it supports 2.1. At the bare minimum, you must have a card that supports OpenGL 3.3, preferably >= 4.0. But...there is one thing you can try to see if this works, as I could not determine the exact specs of your very old video card (designed mainly for workstations).

sudo apt-get install nvidia-current .... this may install the "name-brand" Nvidia driver for your gpu.

This possibly may not work because your card's drivers are legacy (meaning way too old) and therefore still will not support OpenGL 3.3. If this is the case, then you cannot run pcsx2. If your cpu is also this old, you would not have anywhere near the muscle to enjoy this emulator anyway, and would have to rely on your ps2.
Pages: 1 2