..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Possible to run multi-disc games as a single iso?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a handful of JRPGs I want to get running (Star Ocean, Xenosaga, etc), but kind of don't want to have to deal with the disc swapping.

Right now, I have some other games booting to full screen automatically and I'm using Steam as my launcher. What I want to do, to keep things seamless, is to be able to merge my multi disc games into a single file so I could play them straight through and not have to bother messing with the emulator UI to swap discs; something that'd be a hassle once I get everything configured and shove this PC in the living room, hooked up to the TV.

Is it even possible to merge multi-disc games into one file and get them running?

And if not, is there a way to get both discs queued up so when time comes for a disc swap, all I have to do is press a button and continue playing?
It's not like you are going to do the swapping constantly.
When you reach to the point you need to place the next disk,the game offer you to save the game and when you save it,then switch to the next disk or restart pcsx2 and run the next disk.

Merging multi disk games is rarely possible and when it's possible,it requires editing the game files.

Just use it like this...when you need the next disk,start the next disk as if you are starting another game
Xenosaga games are as far as I know only available as DVD-9s
when I riped my copy of xenosaga it wass a dvd-9 when I ripped my copy of xenosaga II and III they 2 normal dvd's (4.8gb??) , they didnt want use Dvd-9 on II and III cause some ps2 had issues reading dvd-9 discs I tried merging the iso copies once didnt work so let it be, it not that big of an issue I would leave them be.
(07-25-2013, 11:58 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]It's not like you are going to do the swapping constantly.
When you reach to the point you need to place the next disk,the game offer you to save the game and when you save it,then switch to the next disk or restart pcsx2 and run the next disk.

Merging multi disk games is rarely possible and when it's possible,it requires editing the game files.

Just use it like this...when you need the next disk,start the next disk as if you are starting another game

Except that with my setup, disc swapping doesn't work that way. Trying to navigate to the emulator proper automatically closes the program. I used to nogui commandline so everything is seamless and less intrusive when I launch through Steam.

I'm trying to eliminate the need of having to navigate menus with the keyboard/mouse in order to play games, which is why I'm setting up Steam as a launcher.
When you make a memory card save right before the disk swapping point,you can use that save on the next disk to continue the game.

Like this:
1.Run a game
2.Make a memory card save right before the swapping point.
3.Close the emulator
4.Run the next disk of the same game
5.Load the memory card save