..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Is there any way to limit the fps to a solid 60?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there. My family just recently got a new computer as the old machine died. This new beast is actually pretty good for just an average family computer. it has an AMD A8-5500 quad core processor at 3.2 GHz so it runs the emulator fine. 8 GB of ram. Windows 8 64-bit. The graphics card is the on board one i think, AMD Radeon HD 7560D. it only has 512 MB of memory but i normally do all my gaming on a PS3.
Now im trying to play LOTR The Two Towers and LOTR Return of the King, however a lot of the time it runs at say 80 fps rather than 60 so is playing too fast. I wondered if the community has any recommendations as to which settings to play with to try and get it down to a solid 60. Thanks in advance.
Press TAB
The frame limiter is set on by default. What must have happened is you pressing by mistake F4 (what toggles it on/off) and/or the TAB key what activates the turbo (Shift+TAB sets slow motion function).

Press those two keys till you get "Limiter: normal" displayed at the title screen, supposing the emulator is in windowed mode.
Thanks you i have managed to get it on a solid 60. That is much smoother. One problem i have now, and i know it might be the game, but there are problems with the shadows, and on the current level the screen goes black almost entirely, so i cant really play it. Im unsure as to weather or not i should enable the shade boost function or change the alpha setting in the config for the graphics plugin. i have alternated between d3d9 and d3d11 and it runs faster on 11 but the screen goes more black. Any thoughts? Cheers.
(07-31-2013, 04:56 PM)Mallett94 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks you i have managed to get it on a solid 60. That is much smoother. One problem i have now, and i know it might be the game, but there are problems with the shadows, and on the current level the screen goes black almost entirely, so i cant really play it. Im unsure as to weather or not i should enable the shade boost function or change the alpha setting in the config for the graphics plugin. i have alternated between d3d9 and d3d11 and it runs faster on 11 but the screen goes more black. Any thoughts? Cheers.

Sorry I can't be more specific due to not having those games. But I'm sure someone will come with explicit recommendations for them and their particularities. Good luck.