..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Primal - Black Screen after Concert Scene
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to play Primal on PCSX2 - 1.1.0. Everything works until I get past the concert scene where they get attacked and after that all I see is black and slowmo audio. I can hit Start and enter the menu and nothing else. Entering the menu flashes a single frame from the scene though.
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
This game can't be played in HW-mode in later versions of GSdx\PCSX2.
Try playing it in SW-mode (F9), and if your CPU is too slow,
then download and use this version, and play it in HW-mode.
Computer Specs:
3.4GHz Intel Core i7
8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024MB

CD Image Format: NRG

@pgert: Thanks, I switched it to Software Mode and now I can see everything. The game is still hardly playable though. I went into one of the PCSX2 ini files and changed NTSC and PAL framerates to about half and that kind of works but now I can't play for more than an hour without feeling sick. I'll give the version you suggested a shot.
Try to make iso and then play with that maybe speed increses and enable reccomanded speedhacks
You could set extra sw rendering threads to 3 for better performances...