..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: why pcsx2 does not use my gpu more than 60%
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Always notice this thing that even if i put 6x resolution my gpu does not reach more then 65 or 60% speed graphic all thing is great but is that means pcsx2 does not utilise my gpu fully ?
(08-11-2013, 08:43 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: [ -> ]Always notice this thing that even if i put 6x resolution my gpu does not reach more then 65 or 60% speed graphic all thing is great but is that means pcsx2 does not utilise my gpu fully ?

Don't worry pcsx2 uses the most it can from the GPU and CPU. I can't give u an in depth explanation but trust me when I say pcsx2 uses the most it can use.
(08-11-2013, 12:57 PM)Black Ops Wrote: [ -> ]Don't worry pcsx2 uses the most it can from the GPU and CPU. I can't give u an in depth explanation but trust me when I say pcsx2 uses the most it can use.

ahh, thank you bro but what happens when gpu goes to 99% .
(08-11-2013, 01:43 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: [ -> ]ahh, thank you bro but what happens when gpu goes to 99% .

If GS goes to 99 it means that GPU is the bottleneck
(08-11-2013, 01:44 PM)Black Ops Wrote: [ -> ]If GS goes to 99 it means that GPU is the bottleneck

not necessarily.
Ohh, i was always think that the increase in % means pcsx2 totally use gpu or cpu . Now its clear . Thanks

@jesalvein ' Not Necessrly' sorry what does it mean :-P :-)
(08-11-2013, 01:46 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]not necessarily.

Yeah it could be the CPU rather than the GPU
Low EE and GS% with slowdowns = gpu bottleneck (assuming hardware mode)

High GS% with slowdowns still = cpu bottleneck. After all, look at what happens to the GS% in software mode. What component is doing all the work?
(08-11-2013, 02:10 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: [ -> ]Low EE and GS% with slowdowns = gpu bottleneck (assuming hardware mode)

High GS% with slowdowns still = cpu bottleneck. After all, look at what happens to the GS% in software mode. What component is doing all the work?

thanks for that datank :-)
Those gauges must be looked upon as a complex interaction between parts. Before anything else (and this is particularly true for the EE%) what is shown is not how much the device is being taxed but how much the emulator is taking from it's "available power".

What does this mean? Imagine the (not uncommon) case where measuring the CPU load from external monitor it shows mediocre load while EE% is screaming at 99%, case where for some reason the OS/CPU and whatever else factor fails to realize the CPU is being heavily taxed and then do not increase it's clock or even keep it at "resting" state. The most common solution today is putting Windows into performance power plan.

The second case is more subtle, GS is showing high load while EE is happily seating relaxed. This is most of times indication of GPU bottleneck and surely is near it anyway. Yet the game slowdown might be due something else also like, for example, a stall in the EE/GS/VU communication or collateral effect of speedhacks.

So Jesalvein is not wrong, normally GS% at 99% is a strong indicator of GPU bottleneck... but not necessarily is the cause or the only cause of general desync or speed issues.
Pages: 1 2