..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Strange issue.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, to be honest, PCSX2 itself runs amazingly well, and I get near full fps for all my games. However, I have one little issue that's a pain in the behind. I recently got this computer, it's practically brand new. I was quite excited since it has much better specs than my last computer.

However, on the the problem. Whenever PCSX2 is running a game, and I switch to ANY other application, or hit escape to go back to the menu, it'll freeze for over 20 seconds or so before continuing. I really have no idea what's causing it at all, just, whenever I go from the PCSX2 program to anything else, it'll freeze. Obviously, this is just a big nuisance, since it really doesn't effect the gameplay at all, but being unable to savestate often is becoming quite bothersome. [Since I have two wait nearly half a minute TWICE just to save one state. One freeze to save the state, then one freeze to get back to playing.]

It also freezes right as I start any game.

I'm thinking it MIGHT have something to do with my graphics card, but I'm not certain, so any help would be appreciated.

Specs - Vista Home Premium 64 bit, AMD Phenom 9650 quad core processor, NVIDIA Geforce 9800 GT video card, 8 GB ram.
Try setting Run -> Process priority -> normal or low.
Was previously on normal when it happened. Tried low, didn't help. Sad
Save state without exiting the emulator. F1 to save,F2 to change slot F3 to load
Ah, thanks. Still would be nice to figure out why it keeps freezing on me, however. x.x;