..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Can't select resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys need u'r help
i can't select resolution when you first configure pcsx2 in gs plugin configure option
i can't select resolution option
nothing there only blank
i can select that option absolutely fine before i was using windows 7
now using windows 8 pro
already re-installed pcsx2 two times
but not working,i only extracted gs plugin from r5628 svn into pcsx2 official version
how to fix it ?
Disable uac.
I 'm pretty sure that sh** still exist in windows 8
This is what happens here

Don't know if it's bug in intended behavior,but the drop down list with window resolutions are refresh rate is visible in the GSdx settings is only visible if:
1.PCSX2_ui.ini don't exist
2.GS= in that file is empty or is pointing to a file that don't exist...when you open the settings to select the plugin,the drop down list is visible

But that doesn't really matter because no matter what you set,pcsx2 will always use your screen resolution and refresh rate when you go full screen
Besides vsub's findings (which I didn't know, thanks for the information), a question Preet: In what directory are you installing the emulator?

Please don't do it at the C:\Program Files or another Windows' created directory like the Documents and avoid the Desktop for general performance reasons, one shouldn't have anything other than a few commonly used shortcut icons in there.

Actually, with Wiindows 8 the advice is to AVOID C: at all.

@Jesalvein

Yes, the s*** is still there and smelling yet more (sorry, I tried putting a smile icon here but had not the nerve to find that "Windows safety mechanism" fun).
@ vsub if it'll not affect anything then i'll leave it as it is
@ nosisab i know pcsx2 have problems with c or program files
i always install it to anothere drive in E even in windows 7 Smile
that's what GSdx has a resolution option at the bottom for..
Are you talking about the internal resolution or the window size? The second is what dictates the size of the window in windowed mode and does not have selectable predefined values, you must enter the values manually. Being the aspect ratio what you can select in one click.

The same for the internal resolution (at the GS plugin) where you chose between fixed x times native resolution or custom. Since you mentioned GS is to assume is this last case.

Although I believe you already know it, may be useful to casual readers knowing the window size is set at the "Window settings" option under the "Video (GS)" config.

Every time referring to the window size this should be clearly stated to avoid confusing with the internal resolution.

PS: As for fullscreen mode, there is not much of benefit changing it at the Window settings other than the aspect rate because it would involve stretching the image if different of the monitor's native resolution (the current desktop resolution better saying). Since PS2 is not really demanding on graphics resolution, the "internal resolution" is what actually weights more in the emulator's performance.
(08-15-2013, 03:24 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]Are you talking about the internal resolution or the window size? The second is what dictates the size of the window in windowed mode and does not have selectable predefined values, you must enter the values manually. Being the aspect ratio what you can select in one click.

The same for the internal resolution (at the GS plugin) where you chose between fixed x times native resolution or custom. Since you mentioned GS is to assume is this last case.

Although I believe you already know it, may be useful to casual readers knowing the window size is set at the "Window settings" option under the "Video (GS)" config.

Every time referring to the window size this should be clearly stated to avoid confusing with the internal resolution.

PS: As for fullscreen mode, there is not much of benefit changing it at the Window settings other than the aspect rate because it would involve stretching the image if different of the monitor's native resolution (the current desktop resolution better saying). Since PS2 is not really demanding on graphics resolution, the "internal resolution" is what actually weights more in the emulator's performance.

i'm talking about when you first configure pcsx2 in gs plugin u select adapter,resolution & it's with a option window tick or untick
so if it have no benefit,then it's fine
i'm thinking it's the window size ?
@ vsub deleted pcsx2_ui from inis,still can't select resolution
it only showing please select !
Do you have a screenshot of this problem? I'm having trouble visualizing what the problem is.
(08-15-2013, 04:57 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a screenshot of this problem? I'm having trouble visualizing what the problem is.

oh yeah thanks for suggesting this
this way all can see what is the problem
i'll upload a screenshot when i'll on my computer Smile

Edit-This is the screenshot,btw what is window tick-untick otion for ?
[attachment=45269]
Pages: 1 2