..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU (feature request) Records all channels to separate wav files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Disable reverb and:
Record all individual channels to separate wav files. Simultaneous.
There is only 2 channels, i presume you mean record the voices seperately? as there is 16 (or 32, i forget) internal voices.

The only problem i have with that is it will be specific for people just to rip audio out of games, which is kinda naughty really, but there is no other real use for it.
(08-21-2013, 10:21 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]The only problem i have with that is it will be specific for people just to rip audio out of games, which is kinda naughty really, but there is no other real use for it.
The fun thing with voices separated into many files is the use of it in another program that allows having vst effects on all audio clips. I could just drop 16 autotune efx vst effects on all wave channels to just hear the gameplay sound effects and music play in the same scale.
One could do some really specific sample quality checking with this feature but yea, it's not much imo.
Each SPU has 24 voices so there's 2x24 = 48 in total. Would get pretty big data.
(08-21-2013, 05:18 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Each SPU has 24 voices so there's 2x24 = 48 in total. Would get pretty big data.
I have hard disk space for that.
(08-21-2013, 10:05 PM)Jandazekon Wrote: [ -> ]I have hard disk space for that.

They don't think it's very useful and may open a can of worms with copyright. You could pay someone to code that for you, or you could do this yourself. The team doesn't think it's a good feature to add or to work on.
For me it's a important feature.
but why?
Are you going to implement this or not?
If there is a good reason, maybe you could convince the dev to reconsider it.
So, the question is still : "why ?"
Pages: 1 2 3