..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Slow Motion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I am new to the program, I just downloaded it. Awesome software, props to the creators, keep up the good work. So lets get to my question. I downloaded the program, started RE: Outbreak, everything ok, but the game is running like in Slow Motion. The FPS are between 35 and 40, but is running in slow motion. No matter if I put the graphics settings to LOW or MAX, the game is running in exactly the same way (Just better picture in MAX). So I don't think is a hardware problem. I am using:
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ 2.2GHz
Memory (RAM): 2,00GB
Video Card: nVidia 8500GT DX11 (Thats what the "dxdiag" shows)
System Type: 32bit operating system.
I am with Windows 7 beta.

I am sorry if this question is already asked, but I searched the forums and haven't found anything. I hope you guys reply to my problem. Thanks in advance.

(I am sorry for my bad English, but thats not my primary language)
pcsx2 settings, plugins, their settings.
What about them?
that was fast. Ohmy
your pcsx2 settings, and the plugins you are using plus their settings. what are they.
PS2 games are fixed at 60fps ( 50 for PAL ). As a result when your PC only manages to emulate 35fps the game only runs at ~58% speed, thus the slow motion. Nothing you can to about it.
You can try to speed up emulation a little bit ( search the forums, gets asked every 2 hours ), but overall your PC is way too weak for PCSX2 ( demanding games need at least 3GHz Core2Duo and Geforce 8800GT ).
WoW, its better to buy the console itself and some games Laugh Hahaha thx anyway.
(02-16-2009, 10:46 PM)Pelikanelul Wrote: [ -> ]WoW, its better to buy the console itself and some games Laugh Hahaha thx anyway.

not only better, it's an obligation if you want to legally use pcsx2
If your a PC gamer, you're due for an upgrade. Your CPU is too slow for todays games.
Quote:The FPS are between 35 and 40, but is running in slow motion.

That's because the emulator isn't using frame skip, like normal PC games.

There's a frameskip option in Pcsx2, but it doesn't work very good, so you're pretty much screwed lol

You need atleast a 3Ghz duo/quad CPU for this sh1t to run good.
There's no need to continue this discussion as he does not own a PS2