..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Save editor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to ask is there any kind of save editor for the PCSX2? making pnach files is a pain especially when they don't always work.
there's no universal save game editor for PS2 games, though there are a few for specific games. you could use cheat engine for some things if you know how but that can take a while depending on what you're trying to find.
The hardest way to making a pnach file is easiest in the long run, in my opinion.
It's kind of impossible to create a general purpose save editor since every game stores data differently. There are specific ones in the tools section for things like the final fantasy series.

If you want a "general" editor, cheat engine will allow you to make codes for games.

(edit) It'd also likely be easier to manually edit a savestate or use cheat engine instead of trying to make a general program to edit saves. This is because saved data is often compressed which can make editing harder.
all i want is to alter my character levels in Disgaea HOD call me whatever but leveling my guys takes too long