..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: slowdown on Metal gear solid 3...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
One question why you didnt want to overclock?
im scared of doing something weong since i dont know much about hardware
thats why i need to know the best config for this emulator
(09-08-2013, 07:38 PM)flavio777 Wrote: [ -> ]im scared of doing something weong since i dont know much about hardware
thats why i need to know the best config for this emulator

ohh i guss ok :-)
(09-08-2013, 06:11 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: [ -> ]is we see use of htt in pcsx2 in future?

HTT is a farse, it is really for programs that run multiple threads of calculations and wait for a core to be free before using another one, even if the cpu isn't that busy, so they can run multiple threads at the same time, this is only useful in 3d rendering programs and video editing and such, in gaming/emulation it is counter productive because they do require a lot of cpu power and all HTT does is splits a physical core in to 2, so you still only physically get the total performance of 1 core. For us to benifit, you need multiple physical cores which it does currently use.
(09-08-2013, 09:48 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]HTT is a farse, it is really for programs that run multiple threads of calculations and wait for a core to be free before using another one, even if the cpu isn't that busy, so they can run multiple threads at the same time, this is only useful in 3d rendering programs and video editing and such, in gaming/emulation it is counter productive because they do require a lot of cpu power and all HTT does is splits a physical core in to 2, so you still only physically get the total performance of 1 core. For us to benifit, you need multiple physical cores which it does currently use.

thanks for info refraction . i give you reputation for this .
Okay so I finally finished this game on PCSX2, it was not a very good experience to be honest. The game is much smoother on PS2 although I don't really like Post-processing effect, It's too bright. The worst thing playing on emulator is input lag, it was pretty difficult to aim, controls react very slow. Slowdows are okay if you set Synchronizing mode to "Async Mix", then the audio doesn't stutter even if the game is running at 30 FPS or so. In conclusion It's better to play this game on your PS2 if you don't have a high end PC to play it without slowdowns but even then you will have some problems.
Input lag only happens if you use the vsync options afaik. But yes, it will be a little slow on your pc, you really need a quad core and take advantage of MTVU for it to be smooth.
(09-09-2013, 11:42 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Input lag only happens if you use the vsync options afaik. But yes, it will be a little slow on your pc, you really need a quad core and take advantage of MTVU for it to be smooth.
I wasn't using Vsync, it's not even enabled by default. Test it yourself if you have the game, the controls are super unresponsive. Framerate isn't a big issue, it was running at 50 FPS at most of the time (PAL), Async Mix synchronises the framerate with audio, it doesn't make the game to run in slow mo when like if you use TimeStrech.
I've never had a problem with the controls.
Maybe It's because you just don't feel it, I've tested many games and only a few run as smooth as playing on a PS2. Or perhaps my PC can't handle it, Kingdom Hearts for example runs perfectly and closest to PS2 performance.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6