..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Low FPS/Lag (Dark Cloud 2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Will read these later.
Power supply is 24 pin with 350W output. I may need a more powerful one?
I'm thinking about a Radeon HD 4850 (1GB)
But with my Intel Pentium D 3.00, would it bottleneck it? Not too sure. :/
definitely.
Pentium D is an old architecture, and is a main bottleneck for pcsx2
So you would recommend I get a new CPU.
What about my power supply?
the CPU is the main gapper than your video card because Pentium D is considered long overdue. since it's doesnt support ssse3,sse4.1 or AVX.
the budget haswell pentiums is already release as (Pentium G 3xxx) supports up to SSE4.1~4.2.
Yeah you can buy one of them from gxxx series i just read its have ivy bridge architecture.
(09-18-2013, 02:00 AM)smartstrike Wrote: [ -> ]the CPU is the main gapper than your video card because Pentium D is considered long overdue. since it's doesnt support ssse3,sse4.1 or AVX.
the budget haswell pentiums is already release as (Pentium G 3xxx) supports up to SSE4.1~4.2.

True but that's not why a Pentium D will be slow with PCSX2. SSE2 VS SSE4/AVX versions of GSdx give a ~10% speed boost MAX (so that means 0%-10% depending on the game).
These processors are so bad with PCSX2 due to much lower IPC, cache and other features they lack compared to modern processors.
^
^
^
^
if that's the case what if the author can't afford i5/i7. starting w/ ivys or haswells
He can get a Core 2 Duo, or a Phenom 2 which should be stupid cheap these days, or the latest AMD ones (although some high clocked ones) or some i3
What about..
Intel Q6600 Core2 Quad 2.4GHz
Sapphire HD 6670

That's what I'm currently planning.

FYI: My chipset for my current motherboard doesn't support any i processors. So I'm having to stick with some high end Intel Processors.
Graphics card - Just a standard 2GB upgrade from the current Nvidia 512mb one.
Pages: 1 2 3