..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Slow FPS PCSX 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I just recently installed PCSX2 1.0. I have tried to play two games, FF X and FF XII International. The all however run quite slow (FPS < 35 ). My hardware setup is like this:
1. AMD Phenom II X4 3.4 Ghz
2. AMD Radeon HD 6470M
3. RAM 8GB

My O/S is Windows 7 64 bit. I am very sure that with this H/W I can run smoothly since I can play PES 2013, Deus Ex, DarkSoul etc.

Please enlighten me. Blush
I'm gonna go ahead and say that your GPU is too weak.

Computer games cannot be compared to emulation, so don't assume your system powerful just because you have a quad core and 8GB of ram Tongue
Ffx in my seanse less resource demanding game. So you definatly do someting with settings thats why you only got 35fps and about ffxii its gpu demanding . Post what setting you use.
Please post the EE and GS% during the slowdown. Also make sure you test in native resolution, and note what your character is doing during the slowdown (in battle, walking around town, etc).

I just noticed...the cpu looks like a desktop variety, but the gpu is a mobile/laptop type. Which is it?
(09-17-2013, 07:27 PM)Coornio Wrote: [ -> ]I'm gonna go ahead and say that your GPU is too weak.

Computer games cannot be compared to emulation, so don't assume your system powerful just because you have a quad core and 8GB of ram Tongue

So you're implying the emulator does worse job than PS 3 quality games?
(09-18-2013, 07:11 AM)charisma_ts Wrote: [ -> ]So you're implying the emulator does worse job than PS 3 quality games?

nope.
As we already told you it's like comparing apples and oranges.
you're comparing games that are running on a system they were made for with games that are using a real time translating program to run on a system they weren't made for. This is a ridiculous nonsense.
My configuration of EE setting:

[Image: 2egx.png]

My configuration of GS Setting:

[Image: h5qm.png]

GS Plugin setting:

[Image: ek3k.png]
Tick only native resolution and give the try again.
Dunno why your fps is so low, might be the GPU being a bottleneck. Set the native resolution in gsdx to native and try again.
agreed.
would be nice to know what your EE% & GS% are when you get slowdowns