..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Strange graphics behavior
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Graphics: Intel HD P3000 (ivy bridge integrated graphics)
PCSX2 version: latest (used apt-get install pcsx2-unstable)

Plugins:
libzzogl-0.4.0.so (also tried libzzogl-0.3.0.so, same behavior...libGSdx-0.1.16 crashes)
libonepad-1.1.0.so
libspu2x-2.0.0.so
rest are null

When I run any game, I can hear audio, but the entire screen changes color all at once. In other words, the entire screen is always filled with the same color, but the color changes with the game.

Is the OGL graphics plugin I'm using not compatible with integrated Intel graphics? Is there another plugin available for linux that I can try?

Thank you
To summarize...go to this thread...
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Menu-and-...ot-show-up (the one right next to yours)

Follow my instructions from post 7 here. Show the results on the screen or prefer attached in a text sheet.

Forgot to add...do this while running a problem game with GSdx plugin. you can even try hardware mode and software mode. Make sure to distinguish which mode the errors are from.
(09-22-2013, 01:51 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: [ -> ]To summarize...go to this thread...
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Menu-and-...ot-show-up (the one right next to yours)

Follow my instructions from post 7 here. Show the results on the screen or prefer attached in a text sheet.

Forgot to add...do this while running a problem game with GSdx plugin. you can even try hardware mode and software mode. Make sure to distinguish which mode the errors are from.

Thanks for the response. I've attached text files for:
  • glxinfo results
  • zzogl 0.4.0 term output
  • GSdx SW mode term output
  • GSdx HW mode term output

I noticed that the GSdx failed to create opengl context for both hardware and software mode. There is a message to check driver support for openGL 3.3?

*EDIT: It looks like the problem with GSdx is glxinfo tells me I have openGL 3.0, but apparently I need 3.3. Are there any drivers available from mesa/intel/etc that support openGL 3.3 on linux? OR is there a way to fix the issues I'm seeing with zzogl?
Hmmm, these errors don't make sense. Are you sure these outputs are when the game is actively running?
(09-22-2013, 10:57 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm, these errors don't make sense. Are you sure these outputs are when the game is actively running?

The GSdx errors are when I attempted to run the game, but it crashes. The ogl output is from when the game is actively running but I get no graphics (just entire screen with same color).
(09-23-2013, 05:58 AM)Trim John Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is the same problem that you are having with your system as I had before.
The solution is only I found to change my graphic card and it was seeming cool afterwards and now I can enjoy the proper colors of it.

I'm worried the only solution might be switching from integrated intel HD graphics to a dedicated graphics card, but I was hoping some people had success with intel hd on Linux (I thought this was the case, but maybe it only works with windows/Mac due to driver availability?). I'd rather not install a graphics card, but I know mesa OpenGL 3.3 support won't be available for a decent amount of time...

Is there another driver option besides Mesa?
There really isn't anything else besides mesa. Try updating your mesa as it is kinda old. If you have Ubuntu/Mint you can use this PPA.

https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/ppa

It also depends on what kernel you are running.
Normally if it doesn't support GLX 3.3 context (X is important) it will switch to EGL. It used to work on mesa (AMD), however you got an EGL_BAD_MATCH. I would need to check it, which mesa version do you have?

Note: I won't have any free in the next 2 weeks.
@schumacher574,
I commit a minor change on GSdx could you test it?
(10-05-2013, 12:48 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]@schumacher574,
I commit a minor change on GSdx could you test it?

Sorry, I forgot to subscribe to the thread I guess and missed your post.

I'll try to test it tonight if I have the time, if not definitely tomorrow.

Also, I see that Mesa 10.0 with OpenGL 3.2 support was declared, and the last commits for Mesa 11.0 with OpenGL 3.3 support have been submitted...apparently 3.3 should be available near the end of November, so maybe this issue will solve itself.

I'll still plan on testing your changes, though.
Pages: 1 2