..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Qemu USB plugin (formerly known as USBqemu-wheel)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
DF GT may be emulated as DF Pro. Try it with raw input api and set the wheel type (DX version doesn't output data for 900° yet). It may not work 100% still though.
The game does pick the DFGT up with the raw input API and DF Pro passthrough enabled but the button mappings are a bit confused; its picking up the buttons that weren't on the DF Pro (the dial and +- buttons), HAT switch isn't picked up and the back paddle shifters seem to control x and left and right on the HAT switch.
Doesn't seem to auto calibrate at the SCEA logo as normal.
Goes proper funky if you manage to navigate to a track Wacko (sorry about the quality):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAOrnv93...e=youtu.be
Its getting there all the same, just some tweaks by the looks of it!
If anyone can decode this, that would be great...
Code:
//DF pro init by GT4 (SEO: logitech ffb etc. commands)
// Results based on G27
//F8,6,0,0,0,0,0,0 //?
//F8,5,1,0,0,0,0,0 //?
//B,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 //reset value range
//F3,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 //release all forces?
//F4,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 //activate auto-center
//F4,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 //activate auto-center
//8,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 //reset value range
//B,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 //set value range (~3700 - ~8300)
//F8,3,0,0,0,0,0,0 //set range 900 deg //F8,2,0,0,0,0,0,0 //set range ~220 deg
//F5,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 //deactivate autocenter
//F8,3,0,0,0,0,0,0 //set range 900 deg
//8,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 //reset value range
//B,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 //set value range (~3700 - ~8300)
//13,3,0,0,0,0,0,0 //deactivate force?
//21,B,7F,7F,77,0,80,0 //just center force (0x7f), 0xB (or anything > 0?) enable, 0x0 disable
//8,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 //for-
//B,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 //ever
//8,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 //and
//B,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 //ever

E: Some guess work.

Do DF Pro/GT have any special led states (the possibly related 0x8 and 0xB commands) besides, i guess, just the 'has ffb turned on'/'is 900°' state led?

Also DF (or GT Force) button bitmap seems to be Cross... R2,L2,R1,L1... and DF Pro Cross...R1,L1,R2,L2...
But anyway, what's with the buttons working but not axes, ugh...
Hey, I use the Driving Force GT on Gran Turismo 4. So far, all the buttons and pedals are working when I use raw input API but the wheel is the only thing holding me back. I'll accelerate to a good speed but as soon as I slightly touch the wheel, It goes into a huge spasm. The wheel jerks from left to right incredibly hard. The good news is that the spasm translates to GT4, so the wheel is definitely being picked up by the game fine. I dont know whats causing it as i've tried to adjust FFB settings in the profiler.
Please help!
I take it that the car's wheels also jerk from side to side (though it shouldn't dammit Laugh)?

(03-03-2014, 02:11 AM)KidDEW Wrote: [ -> ]The wheel jerks from left to right incredibly hard.

What about Directinput (latest version from github)?

If you're up to it, you could send me usb packet capture with Wireshark Tongue with FFB effects while using the Game Controllers in control panel (if logitech drivers install it for DFGT).

But i'll try to make a "debugging" app in the meantime.
OK this is gonna be long but please bear with me lol.

Alright, so I'm using the directinput version and now, it wont even store my bindings but the other version (the one that doesn't say directinput lol) stores them just fine.

I was able to reduce Overall Feedback Effects on the logitech profiler and that seemed to reduce the "intensity" of the buckwild wheel problem (so I could actually hold the wheel and attempt to drive with the wheel shifting left to right). If I set Overall Feedback Effects to 0 (which defeats the purpose of ffb) the crazy wheel issue is no longer a problem however my wheel no longer snaps to center like a real wheel.

When I play with deadzone configurations on the Qemu profiler (which I'm only able to do if i actually set Overall Feedback Effects to an actual value), It doesn't align my wheel correctly (wheel is turned a little to the right rather then dead center). The unaligned wheel combined with the weird deadzone feel in the wheel combined with the crazy wheel issue just makes steering extremely awkward.

So with that being said, here are my conclusions (finally lol)

1. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with my deadzone and full wheel rotation which is causing it to be weird. If I could get some kind of walkthrough on setting it up so it was perfectly aligned and the wheel would snap back to the center, I could live with the weird wheel twitching (I could just pretend I'm counter-steering lol)

2. Idk, something on your side lol.

To be honest, I really don't care for the ffb effects on the wheel, I just wish to be able to actually use the wheel (with or without FFB) on GT4 so I don't have to use my ***** controller.
Alright, If anything changes, I'll let you know. Thank you for creating a wonderful program so I can actually use my wheel for something other then SRW Smile
FFB commands are meant for DF/DFPro so maybe those have weaker motors or something.
I guess you have your wheel in 900° mode? Keep emulated wheel 'DF / generic' and try it in 200° (if GT even lets you to), see if it fixes some of that unalignment issue. Going from 200/270° to 900° gives a little bit off results, but the other way it should be fine though, hm.

(03-04-2014, 12:13 AM)KidDEW Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, so I'm using the directinput version and now, it wont even store my bindings but the other version (the one that doesn't say directinput lol) stores them just fine.

Yeah, i mean the 'wheel (DX input)' option, not the separate plugin. That should save to proper folder. Older separate one saves to PCSX2 folder which in program files is usually not writable by non-admin user accounts.

E: Also, at startup, games send (that support wheels) some init commands to wheels. So that maybe screws up some DFGT's settings.
E: I'll probably get G27 on 13th. Maybe behaves as GT, then i can debug it better.
Alright, I've set up the wheel finally so its actually centered. Smile thank you.

However, the crazy wheel condition still exists.
I can turn FFB off in profiler as I stated earlier but if I turn FFB off, the wheel won't snap back to 0° degrees.
Sad
Sorry for the trouble I'm giving you, I just really want to use this wheel badly on GT4.

A suggestion: Is there anyway you can add a "disable FFB mode" (I'm only 14 I don't know anything about coding) so the profiler is only picking up wheel movements? This would fix the problems at hand.
Thanks again Smile
Thank you so much jackun. I have been playing WRC Rally Evolved all morning and grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Only issue I had was the D-pad on the wheel jumped every other option in the menu's. I plugged in the joypad into another usb port and use that to configure the settings and do my selections. Then use the wheel in game.. I am truly grateful jackun for this plugin.
Hi, have issues with my wheel G27, all the buttons mapped correctly (clutch don't support?) but in GT3 (in-game) don't work the buttons: Square, Triangle & Brake.

Raw & Dinput is the same thing...

QEmu USB driver (wheel Mod) v0.4.0 & PCSX r5927 (win32).

Salu2 - Darkness Knight.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46