..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Raw Danger: Is it the emulator or my hardware?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I've been trying to record and play Raw Danger. Now, what I usually do, is I set the affinity for PCSX2 to cores 0-2 and have core 3 for FRAPS.
That way, it's all not drawing off each other. I also have my power plan setting at high.

Now, when I play the game normally, I easily get 60FPS. But as soon as I start recording, it bogs down to 40. It shouldn't do that at all though, if it's on it's own core, correct? By the way, I have the MTVU hack on.

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost)
GPU: SAPPHIRE 100355-1GOCL Radeon HD 7850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

Build Description: PCSX2 1.0.0 Stable Release - Windows
(09-26-2013, 05:28 PM)xenoriddley Wrote: [ -> ]So, I've been trying to record and play Raw Danger. Now, what I usually do, is I set the affinity for PCSX2 to cores 0-2 and have core 3 for FRAPS.
That way, it's all not drawing off each other. I also have my power plan setting at high.

Now, when I play the game normally, I easily get 60FPS. But as soon as I start recording, it bogs down to 40. It shouldn't do that at all though, if it's on it's own core, correct? By the way, I have the MTVU hack on.

It probably shouldn't make a difference like that, but is the recording file being saved on the same drive your game is loaded from?
No, I've got it saving to a portable 1TB hard drive connected with a USB 3.0.
does saving it to the internal drive do it any quicker?
As far as I can tell, it's still the same.
Just for testing purposes, maybe you can try MSI afterburner recording, is a bit "smarter" than FRAPS, or try the free version of bandicam, there are a lots of codecs that consume very low resources
(09-26-2013, 07:28 PM)Zomdark Wrote: [ -> ]Just for testing purposes, maybe you can try MSI afterburner recording, is a bit "smarter" than FRAPS, or try the free version of bandicam, there are a lots of codecs that consume very low resources

If you're talking about the internal recorder, it does the same thing.
just saying because I have tested various recording programs, and for me at least best results are for bandicam with the stock codec included, actually recording PZ 2 & 3 without any lack of FPS
If your hotkey for recording is f12 then change it, else youll start the internal recorder too
(09-26-2013, 08:27 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]If your hotkey for recording is f12 then change it, else youll start the internal recorder too

Actually, my hotkey is the zero button on the number pad. That's not keyed to anything is it?