..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts 2 Slowdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK so here's the situation. I'm playing KH2 and everything is going good. never had pcsx2 play so good on my laptop. all the fastest possible settings. OK, now jump to about 18-20 hours later. I get to The World That Never Was. For those of you who dont know, this is the last world in the game. i make it to the castle and all of a sudden the EE % jumps up to 99-100%. It's so weird cause when i was playing the game before everything works fine but now it doesn't. I'm at a loss and any help would be amazing. Thank you guys in advance.
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
ok so im brand new but i do know a little about this stuff.

CPU: Mobile Intel Core i7 2630qm (Sandy Bridge) @ 2.00 GHz
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 540m
RAM: 6 GB
PCSX2: 1.0.0 r5350

As Far as non default setting i will try to add pics of my settings.

I'm playing Kingdom Hearts 2 ISO that i created from my own disc.

[attachment=45752][attachment=45753][attachment=45754][attachment=45755][attachment=45756][attachment=45757][attachment=45758][attachment=45759][attachment=45760]
this game may be a bit taxing at some points, and both your CPU & GPU are a bit weak. (2ghz isn't enough)
that said, pushing ee cycle rate & vu cycle stealing that high isn't a good idea.
better set them to 0 and experiment by increasing them 1 by 1.
ive tried that. and its not just at this world. as soon as i got to it they all got slow not just this one.
could be an overheating issue...
did you set your windows power plan to performance mode, BTW ?
i did. i also noticed a couple things. one my nvidia card randomly doesnt show up in my device manage. also my A/C power housing on my laptop is broke and my cord seems to be melted. not sure if its from overhearheating but coud be a problem. power cord does work though and battery is charging and fully charged.