..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Space Channel 5 - Good Audio Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was hugely disappointed when I tried to play Space Channel 5 (a rhythmn-action game) but the timings were all off. I was sure I couldn't have suddenly become so bad at this game since I played it on the Dreamcast a few years ago!

I found the trick to getting the timings much better is the audio settings. By default, PCSX2 includes quite significant audio lag which badly affects rhythm-action games.

Here are the settings I'm using:
- SPU2-X Settings
- Interpolaion: 1 - Linear (simple/okay sound)
- Disable Effects processing - On
- Module: 1 - XAudio 2 (Recommended)
- Synchronizing Mode: Async (Breaks some games)
- Latency: 25ms (avg)

I needed the "None" on synchronzing to enable latencies lower than 50ms.

With the above settings, I could actually hit the buttons in time to the music! And I haven't seen any audio synchronizing issues yet.

If anyone else finds ways to reduce audio latency without sacrificing the sound quality, please comment below.

---
Motherboard: Gigabyte PH67-DS3-B3 LGA 1155 ATX Motherboard (Rev 1.0)
Chipset: Intel H67
RAM: 16GB Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 XMS3 1333Mhz DDR3
CPU: Intel Sandybridge i5-2500 Core Quad-Core Processor (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache, Socket 1155)
Graphics: EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti DS SuperClocked 1GB 256-Bit DDR5
Monitor: Dell 2407WFP
Sound: Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card
Hard Disks: 1) Corsair CSSD-F60GB2 60GB SATA
2) OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SATA Firmware 1.5
3) 2 x Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 250GB SATA
4) External Seagate USB FreeAgentDesktop 250GB (Backup)
Power: Corsair TX550M 550W (42A on +12V rail)
Network: Realtek RTL8111E GbE (onboard)
Just found some settings which enable even lower audio latency. Will update original post.
Dammit - using "None" for synchronizing is great at first, but at the first boss the timings went out of sync. Will update OP back to "Async".
these settings have always latency and impossible to play game correctly!
solutions?
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.