..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Error when compiling with gcc 4.7.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm compiling with gcc 4.7.2 on RHEL 6.4 and getting this error no matter what revision...what is the problem here?

[ 83%] Building CXX object plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/CMakeFiles/zzogl-static.dir/GSmain.cpp.o
/home/user/Play/pcsx2-r5731/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/GSmain.cpp: In function ‘void GSsetGameCRC(int, int)’:
/home/user/Play/pcsx2-r5731/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/GSmain.cpp:190:32: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
/home/user/Play/pcsx2-r5731/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/GSmain.cpp: In function ‘void GSchangeSaveState(int, const char*)’:
/home/user/Play/pcsx2-r5731/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/GSmain.cpp:393:44: error: ‘access’ was not declared in this scope
/home/user/Play/pcsx2-r5731/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/GSmain.cpp: In function ‘void GSReplay(char*)’:
/home/user/Play/pcsx2-r5731/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/GSmain.cpp:749:10: error: ‘sleep’ was not declared in this scope
/home/user/Play/pcsx2-r5731/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/GSmain.cpp:770:29: warning: ordered comparison of pointer with integer zero [-Wextra]
/home/user/Play/pcsx2-r5731/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/GSmain.cpp:770:63: warning: comparison of unsigned expression < 0 is always false [-Wtype-limits]
make[2]: *** [plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/CMakeFiles/zzogl-static.dir/GSmain.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/CMakeFiles/zzogl-static.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Did you make sure you have all the dependencies as noted on this page?

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Comp...deForLinux

Also, are you using any special compiling parameters?
Do you have libc6 dev package installed? i.e Do you have this file /usr/include/unistd.h ?
(10-05-2013, 09:20 AM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have libc6 dev package installed? i.e Do you have this file /usr/include/unistd.h ?

Yes, maybe my glibc-dev version (2.12) is too old?

And no, no special compiling parameters, I was compiling some older versions which I had all the dependencies set for.
Anyway I reinstalled my system, I'll try compiling it again over weekend.
Hum, yes it is possible that your libc is too old.
Can you give the output of this command on your system
Quote:grep -r sleep /usr/include -w | grep extern
(10-16-2013, 07:59 AM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]Hum, yes it is possible that your libc is too old.
Can you give the output of this command on your system

$ grep -r sleep /usr/include -w | grep extern
/usr/include/unistd.h:extern unsigned int sleep (unsigned int __seconds);

Anyway I compiled it after commenting out zzogl-pg in plugins/CMakeLists.txt, I mean I don't need zzogl anyway since Gsdx somehow works.

Also, last revision I could compile is 5666, since from 5667 you made libEGl requirement (in other words I get fatal error: EGL/egl.h: No such file or directory). Problem is there's no libEGL 9.* package for RHEL (unless I compile it myself), is there any way around it, I mean to compile recent version without libEGL?
Seriously you didn't have mesa build with EGL (neither opengl ES)?
(10-20-2013, 12:16 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously you didn't have mesa build with EGL (neither opengl ES)?

Nope, there are no 9.* packages for mesa-libEGL or mesa-libGLES for RHEL, there are 8.0.5 packages but I'd messed up my system if I had to return to previous version.
Is it possible for you to install egl mesa 8 in parallal of the standard mesa 9? Otherwise, just get EGL/egl.h and EGL/eglext.h copy them into GSdx (i.e. plugins/GSdx/EGL/egl.h). It might also need /usr/lib/libEGL.so* files, in this case you can try to put the file into /usr/local/lib.

EGL is only a 2nd path for GSdx, it will try first GLX. But I really don't have time to remove it at build time (specially when egl will become mandatory for wayland or mir next year)
(10-20-2013, 04:26 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]Otherwise, just get EGL/egl.h and EGL/eglext.h copy them into GSdx (i.e. plugins/GSdx/EGL/egl.h). It might also need /usr/lib/libEGL.so* files, in this case you can try to put the file into /usr/local/lib.

Ok, I might try that next time, thanks.