..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: insufficient free space on freshly created/formated memory card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got a game, have 5 save slots used on it and for the 6th i was told there was no space. It works to overwrite, but it doesn't feel enough.
So i created 2 new memory cards and formatted them, but even though they're empty, it still says there's not enough free space.

I loaded a save state to try this. Might that be the issue?

So, what is the right way to change memory cards mid-game?

I assumed Create Save State -> Change Memory Cards -> Load Save State -> Create Memory Save would work, but either i'm doing it wrong or it doesn't work that way.
did you format those memcards through PS2 bios ?
no, through CDVD no disk boot.

edit: wait, is that the PS2 bios?
(10-08-2013, 09:48 PM)honglath Wrote: [ -> ]edit: wait, is that the PS2 bios?

lol. Very funny.

ok, so you did well. I know it's not recommended to change memcards while using savestates, though.... Each game will react differently to this kind of "operation".
looks like yours reacts badly
Well, this is awkward. I got it to work.. (by chance maybe?)

Made save state -> shutdown (obviously) -> changed mem card -> booted -> loaded save state -> tried to make mem save, but failed -> tried again while swearing and it worked.

I guess it reacts differently each time, since i got it to work now or maybe i just missed a step these last few times i tried. Anyway, perseverance is the key it seems.

Thank you.