..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Difference in running GFX in Hardware vs Software mode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone explain to me the difference in using your GFX plugin in hardware vs software mode?

I have a 760 GTX/AMD FX-8320 so I do have it set to D3D11(Hardware) with the GSdx AVX plugin.

Do some games work better on Software mode? And is it better to run the emulator in Hardware or Software?
Software mode is very close to actual graphic rendering of an ps2 so there is some games or maybe manygames which is work better in sw mode.
If I remember, hardware uses your GPU so it can be faster and allow for scaling. Software, however, is more CPU heavy but will fix many graphic issues.
(10-16-2013, 08:13 AM)Amak Wrote: [ -> ]If I remember, hardware uses your GPU so it can be faster and allow for scaling. Software, however, is more CPU heavy but will fix many graphic issues.

actually the hardware rendering is cpu intensive! only upscaling the resolution is gpu intensive(and little cpu intensive too).
Software rendering is accurate(ish) but very slow. Beefy CPU required!

Hardware rendering is a mixed bag: Some games look awesome when using upscaling and run fast too.
Some games look buggy but run fast, some games are just broken, run slow or both Tongue2