..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts HD Cutscene patch??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a thought I had which would be awesome if someone did this.
Kingdom hearts' pre-rendered cutscenes look like garbage (Re: CoM being the worse) especially when emulating in HD. Going from clean gameplay to crappy cutscenes is driving me crazy. So here is my thought:

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD remix was released recently with 1080p HD Pre-rendered cutscenes.
Since pre-rendered cutscenes on Kingdom Hearts are essentially video files would it be possible to take these new updated HD cutscenes from the remix and put it into a patch on the PS2 iso file?

I'm not very knowledgable on how these emulation patches work but shouldn't it be the same thing as the KH2 final mix english patch or like a texture pack? Only taking out the old cutscenes and replacing them with the new HD ones??

Please answer I'm so curious if this is possible! And if it has already been done can someone please provide me with a link? Thank You
May be possible but the PS2 video format does not support HD Videos AFAIK.
The HD movies need to be recodded to the same resolution as the originals making the whole thing pointless.
(10-17-2013, 05:48 PM)Grove4L Wrote: [ -> ]May be possible but the PS2 video format does not support HD Videos AFAIK.
The HD movies need to be recodded to the same resolution as the originals making the whole thing pointless.

Hmmm i didnt realize that the ps2 had a code for video files.... good to know. I always thought there were trigger points in a game that activate a simple video file. Since the ISO was ripped I didn't think the video files would have to be a low resolution. I guess I figured the only reason they were low quality videos was to save space on the DVD disks.