..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 1.0.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi i am new to Ps2 emulation. I have been using emulators for older sytems for years now with no problems.
I have downloaded PCSX2
After downloading and setting up i stuck dynasty warriors 4 in and it was playing fine until the actual battle, it then got extremely laggy to the point where it was unplayable.
I don't understand much about hardware but I read how ton get a report of my sytem specs.
my specs are:
-----------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Alienware
System Model: Aurora-R2
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8184MB RAM
Page File: 8742MB used, 7621MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
--------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x6898)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6898&SUBSYS_0B001002&REV_00
Display Memory: 749 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1010 MB
Shared Memory: 3835 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Dell_ST2310_Analog
Monitor Model: DELL ST2310
Monitor Id: DELF01B
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HD15

I hope you can help me get this running fine or at least tell me if it is possible with my specs, thanks.
(11-02-2013, 03:27 AM)flankspankrank Wrote: [ -> ]I have downloaded PCSX2 with the BIOS - i have a working ps2 so the bios is legit.

1) Wrong section, since this isn't a bug report, and even if it were you failed to read the stickies so it would be moved anyway.

2) If you downloaded the BIOS, it's still illegal regardless of whether you own a functioning PS2 or not. It's only legal if you dump it from your own PS2, and no, sharing with a friend is still considered illegal.

3) The problem you describe is merely stressful rendering. The game itself should be fine but the more enemies on screen the worse the demands. Only thing you can do is mess around with the speedhacks and run the game on native resolution, if that helps. Then again, you posted partial specs and no emulator settings so it's rather early to say.
(11-02-2013, 04:05 AM)Coornio Wrote: [ -> ]1) Wrong section, since this isn't a bug report, and even if it were you failed to read the stickies so it would be moved anyway.

2) If you downloaded the BIOS, it's still illegal regardless of whether you own a functioning PS2 or not. It's only legal if you dump it from your own PS2, and no, sharing with a friend is still considered illegal.

3) The problem you describe is merely stressful rendering. The game itself should be fine but the more enemies on screen the worse the demands. Only thing you can do is mess around with the speedhacks and run the game on native resolution, if that helps. Then again, you posted partial specs and no emulator settings so it's rather early to say.

Thanks what i mean is i have the bios the legit way.
The only reason i want to use an emulator is to upscale older ps2 games.
By posting my system specs i was hoping someone could give me a recomended setting. I enabled the speed hacks then it went too fast but still laggy whilst fighting.
everything else i use default settings.
I use GSDX 9. i also tried 3d11 and many other settings -but i dont really know what im doing with it lol.
What other specs should i post to help.
Also i am new to this site so im not sure where to post so sorry just wanted to get this running properly.
We cant able to help you cause you downloaded the bios which consider as pirecy . Sorry