..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Armored Core Last Raven problems (Requesting assistance!!!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to play Armored Core: Last Raven and I am having the following problems:

Incredibly low FPS on the menu screens. (nose dives into the single digits)
Normal FPS on missions, but not image. (Black screen for the game, Impossible to blend bug shows up in the log)

I'm new to the emulator world, so if anyone has any suggestion, please help. :C
Post your pc specification.
Expect some extreme gpu demands in Armored Core games, especially in missions in high radiating heat areas.

I should know as I have all the AC games myself (see my username). Smile
(11-02-2013, 06:31 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: [ -> ]Post your pc specification.

Well.....It's a Dell Latitude E6510 from like 2010.

It can run Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries, Minecraft, World of Tanks, War Thunder, and solitaire.

I'm not real knowledgeable about computers....

@DaTankAC

Haha nice
Quote:It can run Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries, Minecraft, World of Tanks, War Thunder, and solitaire.
comparing PC games to emulation is a nonsense.
anyways, your PC is far below the recommended specs for pcsx2. which explains why you get such a low result.

better keep playing on your PS2 until you can afford a decent computer.
(11-02-2013, 05:22 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]comparing PC games to emulation is a nonsense.
anyways, your PC is far below the recommended specs for pcsx2. which explains why you get such a low result.

better keep playing on your PS2 until you can afford a decent computer.

I don't know why, but I feel rather offended about this post for some reason...Later...
PC games = gpu demand
emulation = cpu demand

Emulation involves taking one language and translating it into another. The ps2 spoke such a weird "language" that "translating" it into x86 code causes extreme demands to the cpu side.

PC games are natively designed to run on a...PC.

Big difference. Sorry, but it is a common misconception. frequently stated in many threads. Just don't let it get to you.
Thank you for the explanation. That make much more sense. ^_^