..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-22-2014, 08:18 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Damn, as I thought, I think its strange behaviour either of driver or methods that pull input report length. It takes a largest report size which is i believe is 547. And then it will be trying to read that much data

@andgtr08 I will try to release the update this weekend:
I will be adding "Hide Dualshock 4 Controller checkbox" (Exclusive/Shared control).
Some performance optimizations that i feel safe adding.
Touchpad support will be enhanced with tap support/two fingers (that one might take slightly longer)
For not no plans for gestures as it require extensive panning
USB Hot plug support (So far have only idea, have to verify it works)

Nice, any way to make the touchpad button be the Option button (back on x360 controller) on games? I'd love this feature.
First off, THANK YOU so much InhexSTER for this wonderful tool. I love how you got rumble, trackpad, and light control working.

I know this is a beta, but I think i may have found a bug. The controller seems to cut out or disconnect for a few seconds but very rarely (once or twice in a 12 hour session). I thought it was maybe the bluetooth but I haven't seen it happen when not using xinput wrapper. I don't hear the device disconnect/reconnect sound from windows though. Has anyone else had this issue?
(01-22-2014, 06:36 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]I would make an ScpServer.bat, the only difference between starting a Windows program with output on the console, and output to a file, is suffixing the program execution with a greater than sign and then the filename.

I tested this on my VM and there are no errors being reported. It looks like its not even initializing the scpdriver at all with your program, but inhexsters versions work fine.
Is there a different API call you are using? I tried to track down what part of windows adds the APIs that have changed since windows xp... I am leaning towards this being the issue, but I can't locate anything that is missing. I've installed all required software, updated everything in windows ect. I've pretty much hit a dead end troubleshooting this for now.
(01-22-2014, 09:42 PM)Star Wrote: [ -> ]First off, THANK YOU so much InhexSTER for this wonderful tool. I love how you got rumble, trackpad, and light control working.

I know this is a beta, but I think i may have found a bug. The controller seems to cut out or disconnect for a few seconds but very rarely (once or twice in a 12 hour session). I thought it was maybe the bluetooth but I haven't seen it happen when not using xinput wrapper. I don't hear the device disconnect/reconnect sound from windows though. Has anyone else had this issue?

Is that happening over USB?
Okay, so 1.2.1 is making me weep tears of damn joy. It's perfect. NO lag, NO disconnects, and the touch pad mode switching this is absolutely fantastic. Thank you SO MUCH for making this work the way it does. Thank you to EVERYONE involved! Laugh

EDIT: Okay, so there are a couple issues in wired mode. The rumble doesn't register when changing touch pad modes, even though it DOES rumble when switching in wireless mode. Personally, as long as it actually changes the modes (and it does), I don't mind this, but it might be good to put in so you don't have to be looking at the DS4tool screen in the middle of a game.

The second weird thing is that the light bar doesn't change colors when the controller is plugged in anymore; it just does it's pulsating yellow charging light. Honestly, though, I actually prefer that, so I can see that my controller is charging just by looking at it. It might get confusing if several controllers are plugged in, though.

Again, thanks for everything you guys have been doing!

EDIT 2: It looks like rumble isn't working at all in wired USB mode anymore; even regular rumble in games won't register. Wireless Bluetooth rumble still works great.
(01-22-2014, 10:21 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Is that happening over USB?

I had it happen once while plugged into USB but I think it was still using bluetooth. I will try it with USB-only next time.
Did electobrains version work for people with Toshiba stack?
Hey guys. Im reading here for about 40 pages in this thread an using the beta3 version of inhexters tool. But now i registered, because i would like to participate and offer my help to create a nice piece of software here.

So i recognized that there were created some copies on google code and i dont have the survey of versions that exist from inhexters tool.

I really would like to make an installable version with a nice gui to modify the settings of the ds4 with background workers like in a real driver and so on... also do many bugfixes and make this piece of software known to other users and the usage of it very easy for others (i would like to say console noobs Laugh).

So whats the best way? On which project could i develop ? I think it was said many times, but on github or bitbucket you have a much better survey for tracking the development and also issues.

PS: Its also better to collect all your open source projects on github for a better reputation in job searches ^^
(01-22-2014, 11:34 PM)Floeee Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys. Im reading here for about 40 pages in this thread an using the beta3 version of inhexters tool. But now i registered, because i would like to participate and offer my help to create a nice piece of software here.

So i recognized that there were created some copies on google code and i dont have the survey of versions that exist from inhexters tool.

I really would like to make an installable version with a nice gui to modify the settings of the ds4 with background workers like in a real driver and so on... also do many bugfixes and make this piece of software known to other users and the usage of it very easy for others (i would like to say console noobs Laugh).

So whats the best way? On which project could i develop ? I think it was said many times, but on github or bitbucket you have a much better survey for tracking the development and als issues.

I would love someone who has more experience than me to create a sleep GUI. As I agree, using windows forms does the job, but it looks like something form Win 98.
(01-22-2014, 05:04 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using that controller on PS4 before using on PC?

Yep it worked fine before. What do you think that could be causing the issue?