..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thinking about grabbing a PS4 controller. A few questions: Does this require you to start the application and hit start for it to work everytime you want to use it? Is there any way to launch the program and start automatically & minimize to system tray? (Looking to maybe use this as a HTPC controller but it'd basically need to work on boot. ) Also is there an option to change the L2 and R2 to actual buttons? (It looks like you have them mapped as Z axis in a video, which a lot of applications don't recognize or have trouble with using L2 + R2 at the same time).
(01-23-2014, 07:46 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on Windows 7, and rumble definitely doesn't work through USB. Bluetooth is fine, though.

Yep, just confirmed on one of my Win 7 machines. No LED/Rumble over USB

I reposted a 1.1 Final Zip please re-download. Should fix Win 7
(01-22-2014, 05:04 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using that controller on PS4 before using on PC?

Yep it worked fine before. What do you think that could be causing the issue?
(01-23-2014, 08:24 AM)vissle86 Wrote: [ -> ]Yep it worked fine before. What do you think that could be causing the issue?

Not sure, did you try using very slim pin and pressing a reset button inside a whole next to one of the screw at the back side of controller
I've been using the DS4 tool and it's been basically perfect, but I'm pretty sure the rumble motors got switched around. The high RPM one goes with the low RPM one should, and vice versa.
Using both 1.1 and 1.2.1, in addition to the lack of rumble in USB mode, I'm also noticing that USB mode now causes the mouse cursor to be jumpy when it's moving slowly, while Bluetooth is just as smooth as it's supposed to be. On Windows 7.

(01-23-2014, 07:56 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, just confirmed on one of my Win 7 machines. No LED/Rumble over USB

I reposted a 1.1 Final Zip please re-download. Should fix Win 7

Also, yeah, that definitely fixed everything in USB mode. Thanks! Laugh If we could get this in 1.2.1, everything would be almost perfect.
the rumble feature is constant rather than than when somthing happens in the game and what bluetooth dongle works with ps4 controler on win 7 64bit
(01-23-2014, 02:48 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I can add a bunch of debugging messages to the next iteration of my current branch that I do. That may help track it down, but one sure-fire way would be if I had virtual desktop access to your machine and you installed Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 for Desktop. We would be able to build, debug, and rebuild new versions of it together. I guess we would be on the phone too? If you're up for that I don't mind dedicating some time to debugging your specific computer in real-time.

We could try over the weekend if you like. What timezone you in?
We'll definitely be merging the improvements from all the codebases, don't worry guys. I think probably we should avoid implementing any more touchpad feature until we investigate putting together a virtual HID driver. There is a very good chance we don't have to implement any tap/drag/two-finger gestures the hard way, that Windows can provide those services if we just feed it the touchpad data. We also need to implement a true mouse/touchpad/tablet device if we want it to still work when a security-related dialog pops up. Let's focus right now on just bugs, talk Friday about pushing forward feature-wise, and this weekend we can certainly merge the codebases for the most part. I can try to help debug rumble USB issues; I haven't actually tried to fix the USB output path like I've been able (mostly) to for Bluetooth, and I need some time to digest the information about the HID reports too.
With codebases you mean all those clones from inhexters git ?

As i said, i would like to contribute, but i dont know where i should start with it, because inhexters last git change is from 14.1. and as i read here, there have been many changes made.

What would you guys think about an installable version of this tool so that people (who are asking here for autostart and other features) can manage their autostart programs as they are used to and its all in all a bit more intuitive to manage the program.
- start with windows in tray
- accessable from the start->programs
. and so on